• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The clubs of Ayia Napa and Magaluf will be blasting it out all summer.

Fortunately I'm going nowhere near those places.

I whacked £20 on Norway really early on. Mrs DtS was out with the girls so i was baby sitting and I can honestly say for the first time ever I really enjoyed Euro Song Contest. I was going mental everytime the Norwegian Iron got some points. Won £30 back which werent great I appreciate but I put my money on when he was about 80 points ahead.

Eurovision is gay.

It certainly was last night. Could someone not have told Graham Norton either to shut the hell up or go home and let someone else commentate. He wouldn't stop bloody well speaking tripe either over songs or over voting/hosts comments etc. At least TW knew when to keep his gob shut. Is there a TV control option which cuts out commentary at all ?

It certainly was last night. Could someone not have told Graham Norton either to shut the hell up or go home and let someone else commentate. He wouldn't stop bloody well speaking tripe either over songs or over voting/hosts comments etc. At least TW knew when to keep his gob shut. Is there a TV control option which cuts out commentary at all ?

When i put it on in dubai late last night i had a choice of russian, spanish or german commentary so looks like i was lucky! How did we come fifth with a song with 3 words in it???

Dreadful.

Glad i was pi$$ed

Norway's song was ludicrously catchy and so was always going to win, but I love the mad, random Euro-pop entries, myself - it's what makes Eurovision such a huge laugh. I particularly liked the Armenian entry, which was just a really intertesting song...

Inga__Anush_Arshakyan_-_1_FRESH_ART_small-RESIZE-s925-s450-fit.jpg

The Swedish song was also hilariously Euro-pop... but, for a change (*), we did get the right winner last night.

Matt

(*e.g. unlike in 2007, when on any objective view the Ukranian entry, Verka Serduchka, ought to have won by a landslide...)

euroukraine.jpg

Im going to Moscow in 3 weeks, went twice last year, and went to St Petersburg twice last year. St Petersburg better IMO - went to the Hermitage, went on a river cruise, and it was in June, the White Nights, where it doesn't go dark. Russia is expensive though, even more in the bars/nightclubs.

i thought Eurovision was actually quite good on Saturday

my favourite song was Azerbaijan, although its fair to say that some good songs actually came out on top.

The best vocalist of the night was by far and away Jade, and it was good to see her getting a good score.

Norton was actually quite a good replacement for Wogan, a bit camp... but then it is Eurovision!

The swimming pool thing at the interval was wierd, but must ahve been cool if you were there

Im going to Moscow in 3 weeks, went twice last year, and went to St Petersburg twice last year. St Petersburg better IMO - went to the Hermitage, went on a river cruise, and it was in June, the White Nights, where it doesn't go dark. Russia is expensive though, even more in the bars/nightclubs.

What has your travelling itenary got anything to do with discussing the Eurovision entrants?

I realise there is a tenuous link that it was in Russia.

Anyway this year's event was much better then it has been for a while. I guess the 50% Public/50% Music Jury vote may have paid off as countries seemed to take it more seriously this year.

Denmark's entry was weird, as the singer seemed to have decided to do an impression of the Song's Writer Ronan Keating.

What has your travelling itenary got anything to do with discussing the Eurovision entrants?

I realise there is a tenuous link that it was in Russia.

Anyway this year's event was much better then it has been for a while. I guess the 50% Public/50% Music Jury vote may have paid off as countries seemed to take it more seriously this year.

Denmark's entry was weird, as the singer seemed to have decided to do an impression of the Song's Writer Ronan Keating.

With any luck that will entice Wogan back next year!

Back