• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
So, on a scale of "nil poi" to 10, how extremely dull and dreary is the UK's entry by Jade whatsherface, written by Sir Andy Lloyds-TSB Onionhead?

I forecast the UK finishing below a Romanian song about donkeys and a Finnish song that goes "boom-ba-ba-KLONK" over and OVER again until your ears bleed.

Last edited:
Yeah right! I bet you've got the party sorted where you dress up as a participating country.

Or is that just me :unsure:

:D Just you! Or maybe Ricey as well! Couldn't tell you what other contestants we had, what our song is like or where it's taking place - other than it's not here!

Its in Moscow so we are totally ****ed not that I actually give a toss I hate it! Dont even know why we bother anymore!

Its in Moscow so we are totally ****ed not that I actually give a toss I hate it! Dont even know why we bother anymore!

Moscow is a great place to visit though, might watch the beginning purely for the bit they usually do where you get a whizz tour around the sights.

I want to go to Moscow.

Was lucky enough to go with the school back in '79, not long after the Iron Curtain swung open. Amazing place, all the stereotypes we'd heard about were true - from kids all wearing Lenin buttons on their school uniforms, to people queuing for bread and people trying to barter for jeans and chewing gum at every opportunity. We got to visit a couple of schools, the ballet, some military place dedicated to space exploration, the famous store Gumm (which was more like a covered market), the Kremlin and then go on to St Petersburg for a few more days. Plus we got to stay up with the teachers drinking vodka every night - brilliant!

Gone £50 on Bosnia at 14/1 and £50 on Malta as a wild card at 40/1 though I know the singer of the Malta entry did well in 2006 or 2005 so mite be in with an outside chance.

We've got some girl band representing Irlanda tonight. Never heard of them...Why Daniel O'Donnell doesn't get the nod I have no idea :(

Or indeed, why don't they just get Johnny Logan out of the mothballs and give him his hat trick?

Was lucky enough to go with the school back in '79, not long after the Iron Curtain swung open. Amazing place, all the stereotypes we'd heard about were true - from kids all wearing Lenin buttons on their school uniforms, to people queuing for bread and people trying to barter for jeans and chewing gum at every opportunity. We got to visit a couple of schools, the ballet, some military place dedicated to space exploration, the famous store Gumm (which was more like a covered market), the Kremlin and then go on to St Petersburg for a few more days. Plus we got to stay up with the teachers drinking vodka every night - brilliant!

Awesome! I wanna do St. Petersburg aswell hopefully in the next few years me and Hils will go over there.

We've got some girl band representing Irlanda tonight. Never heard of them...Why Daniel O'Donnell doesn't get the nod I have no idea :(

B'Witched? Have they reformed?

Still think this was Ireland's best entry ;)

MyLovelyHorse.jpg

Awesome! I wanna do St. Petersburg aswell hopefully in the next few years me and Hils will go over there.

Should think it's quite different now, much more polished in presentation. It was just so cheap when we went, got to see the Kirov ballet perform in St P's and another lot in Moscow (can't remember who now). Would recommend it to anyone though, just for the experience. The Hermitage (Winter Palace) is amazing.

Should think it's quite different now, much more polished in presentation. It was just so cheap when we went, got to see the Kirov ballet perform in St P's and another lot in Moscow (can't remember who now). Would recommend it to anyone though, just for the experience. The Hermitage (Winter Palace) is amazing.

I was in St Petersburg 3 years ago, although it was work I did get to see a fair bit of the city, and the Winter Palace is fantastic.

Back on topic, the only thing I watch on Eurovison is the voting and the pithy comments of Wogan who'll be missed this year. The potato headed pillock Norton won't IMO be a patch on TW.

I was in St Petersburg 3 years ago, although it was work I did get to see a fair bit of the city, and the Winter Palace is fantastic.

Back on topic, the only thing I watch on Eurovison is the voting and the pithy comments of Wogan who'll be missed this year. The potato headed pillock Norton won't IMO be a patch on TW.

Is Terry not doing it? :O Well, then there's no reason to watch the contest bits at all!

Incidentally, back on the Russia thing - Aeroflop are the only airline I've flown with where you get caviar as part of your standard airline meal!

Oh yeah my old man did Russian at Uni so he was over in Moscow back in late 60's early 70's, he said it was just a really surreal place!

Back