• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eva Carneiro

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
This story has been a bit weird from the day Jose got the hump with Eva Carneiro up to the tribunal case now. I'm not sure whether she is now pursuing a point of principle against Chelsea and Jose, or just going for gold. The settlement offer made by Chelsea seems a pretty good one to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36460728

I imagine that she's going for the principle, and good luck to her. Moanio's behaviour towards her was disgusting.

From what I read and hear there must be many many odious dick heads in every top flight (and most lower) macho dominated football club; what is the principle?
The money was, a very good offer; & IMO, she ought to have taken it and moved on.
Which ever way the saga finishes the lady is likely to find similar employment hard to secure AND that is the pity of it all; it won't advance equality, banish sexism etc in football one bit.

One of the tabloids referred to her as 'GIRL DOC' in a headline today. That's **** poor.

From what I read and hear there must be many many odious dick heads in every top flight (and most lower) macho dominated football club; what is the principle?
The money was, a very good offer; & IMO, she ought to have taken it and moved on.
Which ever way the saga finishes the lady is likely to find similar employment hard to secure AND that is the pity of it all; it won't advance equality, banish sexism etc in football one bit.

It might help though. In that respect things in football move at a glacial pace, but they do move. About 15-20 years ago my wife applied for a job as a physio at a Premier League club. Almost every question in her interview revolved around how she would manage working in an all-male environment. She pointed out to them that she had spent 2 years working with an all-male rugby club, and managed very well. In the end they took a far less qualified physio who happened to be male.

These days there are a lot of female physios in football.

We also assume the money was good, after all £1.2m sounds fantastic, and it probably is. However, we also have no idea what she was earning, and how £1.2m stacks up. On the face of it, it sounds like a good deal, but without knowing the details of her salary we can't really say one way or the other.

It might help though. In that respect things in football move at a glacial pace, but they do move. About 15-20 years ago my wife applied for a job as a physio at a Premier League club. Almost every question in her interview revolved around how she would manage working in an all-male environment. She pointed out to them that she had spent 2 years working with an all-male rugby club, and managed very well. In the end they took a far less qualified physio who happened to be male.

These days there are a lot of female physios in football.

I remember Bury having a female physio in the early 90s. The North Bank thought it was hilarious. As you say, times have moved on. A little.

Here is the offending front page I mentioned above. It's The Star, so what should we expect? But even still...

Theres more to it than this but I cant really repeat the rumours!

Theres more to it than this but I cant really repeat the rumours!

Why? There's no super injunction.

Libel. PLease dont post rumours here, just the facts.

They were saying on the news yesterday that she was requesting a 40% increase in salary as compensation. Sounds very money motivated to me. Turning down 1.2 million sounds like a lot but that was only a few years salary.

Keep in mind her salary was apparently £275k a year, so Chelsea's settlement is only 4 years of pay and she could struggle to get another premier league job after this unless she can prove she was in the right.

Keep in mind her salary was apparently £275k a year, so Chelsea's settlement is only 4 years of pay and she could struggle to get another premier league job after this unless she can prove she was in the right.

In reality she can prove she was in the right until the end of time BUT it is unlikely that she will get another similar job with or without the tribunal. She will always have this following her around and there will always be those that follow the "no smoke without fire" beliefs.
If the situation was toxic and sexist for an extended period at Chelski why had she not started grievance procedures prior to the big incident? Or is it the money?

There is of course another group of people at another football club that would like to make this news go away very quickly. I wonder whether they'd be tempted to touch base with anyone involved with the case to ensure that it goes no further?

I actually feel that had she taken the compensation offered by Chelsea then her chances of employment elsewhere would have improved considerably. I don't know if it's been mentioned on here, but I think they also offered her job back with a raise in salary. I have no idea what the real facts are here, but I still think she could be hunting the pot of gold.

So the tribunal comes to a conclusion with an undisclosed fee. I think we might need to get used to that this summer.

What a load fuss over nothing. She was paid a very large salary to step into proffesional football.

So she got a bolloking from the manger, big deal. There are pluses and minuses for working for two hours a week. If its all to much perhaps she could do a few shifts in A&E on a Saturday night.

That's not a dig at Eva Carneiro because she's a woman, its a dig at all the overpaid and pampered football fraternity.

I wonder what exactly they were buying her silence over.

It seems like an awful lot of money to be paying off a doctor. I wonder what secrets a doctor might hold that a club would be keen to suppress?

Back