• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

turkishm

Director
In hospital at the time, so unable to see the game. did they, or is this him going overboard again.

They were certainly in charge sadly.

Look on the brightside, first time we havent lost to a promotion rival isnt it ?

First half the weather won and pretty difficult to play football at all. About even.

Second half the wind dropped and they were much better for sure until the penalty.

When we had 10 the game was fairly even I felt and we looked as likely to score as they did.

When Dicko went off we let them have the ball and just defended like mad. So they battered us at the end.

Yep the only time we threatened at all was when we had 10 men.

If we were better with 10 than with 11 we should have walked it with 9.

Look on the brightside, first time we havent lost to a promotion rival isnt it ?

Shrewsbury, Torquay, Oxford and even Gillingham could all be considered promotion rivals and we've beaten them all this season. Gillingham twice.

Crawley have battered a lot of teams this year. But to win you have to put the ball in the net, on a chances to goal ratio Crawley are very poor.
When Southend went down to 10 men Crawley ran out of ideas.

The rule of thumb is that if anyone says the words shocking, amazing, or battered when talking about football, they are emptyheaded cretins and every single word they utter should be disregarded. It's even worse than a phone-in caller starting off with 'I'm a season ticket holder', a sure sign of brainlessness.

Shrewsbury, Torquay, Oxford and even Gillingham could all be considered promotion rivals and we've beaten them all this season. Gillingham twice.

Id class the teams as being our main rivals through the whole season as Swindon, Crawley and Cheltenham. I dont think we have even got a point from a team who were in the top 4 when we have played them ?

Torquay werent a rival when we beat them, still got to play then now they are up there with us.

Shrewsbury werent when we beat them, we lost 2-1 against ten men when they were catching us.

Gillingham arent in the playoffs let alone a rival. Oxford are also well behind us.

You could even say we still havent got a point off of a top 4 side as Crawley have slipped away.

Id class the teams as being our main rivals through the whole season as Swindon, Crawley and Cheltenham. I dont think we have even got a point from a team who were in the top 4 when we have played them ?

Torquay werent a rival when we beat them, still got to play then now they are up there with us.

Shrewsbury werent when we beat them, we lost 2-1 against ten men when they were catching us.

Gillingham arent in the playoffs let alone a rival. Oxford are also well behind us.

You could even say we still havent got a point off of a top 4 side as Crawley have slipped away.

Jam Man, I see what you are saying, but you are twisting the stats. Anybody in the top 8 are our rivals. Anything can happen!

I'm pretty sure Rotherham were second when we stuck 4 past them.

Any of the teams I've mentioned could still finish above us. Rotherham away was three points, Morecambe at home was a point. All three of those sides were in the top four when those games took place.

Yes they did batter us but they did not win they must put ball in net but they did not therefore not winning

Back