• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening Echo

I've never owned an Apple ipad so I'm winging this a bit now. The principle is that you need to remove site speciific cookies from your browser. The browser for an ipad seems to be Safari. So instructions to remove stuff from that browser are at this link. Good luck

I've never owned an Apple ipad so I'm winging this a bit now. The principle is that you need to remove site speciific cookies from your browser. The browser for an ipad seems to be Safari. So instructions to remove stuff from that browser are at this link. Good luck

That’s what I do at the moment ,but it doesn’t appear to be working now .I do it every single time I use the iPad

That’s what I do at the moment ,but it doesn’t appear to be working now .I do it every single time I use the iPad
I'm loathe to offer more (uninformed) advice as I don't know the ipad set up at all. Is there anyone else on here that can assist?

I'm loathe to offer more (uninformed) advice as I don't know the ipad set up at all. Is there anyone else on here that can assist?
Many thanks RHB going thru your directions I spotted I had inadvertently deleted
Block all cookies ,hopefully now sorted ,many thanks again .???

The Echo feeds are being discussed by the Admin team atm, we will get back to all when we decide what to do.
I'm overseas and historically the echo posts are good and informative, but lately they have been too many and quality has dropped - last weeks post which has been removed around Blues fans wanting season voided is hardly news given our position it would be obvious to anyone we'd want to void season and stay in league 1 rather than finish the season and be relegated.

One has to ask if NO newspaper, print or online, covering Blues would be a bad thing?
If there was no 'proper' media cover of Southend we would have to rely on rumours, those in the know or Club press releases. That would be the absolute worst of all worlds as far as I'm concerned.

If there was no 'proper' media cover of Southend we would have to rely on rumours, those in the know or Club press releases. That would be the absolute worst of all worlds as far as I'm concerned.
...is the right answer!
Now, for the condo in Miami: will we get relegated this season?

The ads make it horrific, ive said it a few times on here, but i appreciate wages need to be paid.

People are so used to getting everything for free so in a lot of ways local journalism has become an untenable position these days.
They need to find a new model. Perhaps play the numbers game, and charge a very low yearly sub and try and get the numbers high.

The ads need to be relevant as well, Essex businesses and people, not some vague link to top 10 uk dating websites!! It also needs to be breaking news and quality information, as it stands they have the balance all wrong and a paywall just doesnt wash with people anymore imo.

Last edited:
The ads make it horrific, ive said it a few times on here, but i appreciate wages need to be paid.

People are so used to getting everything for free so in a lot of ways local journalism has become an untenable position these days.

They need to find a new model. Perhaps play the numbers game, and charge a very low yearly sub and try and get the numbers high.

Its a tough time no doubt, but i would rather just close my browser then wade through a hundred ads or take a survey just to read an article, i know im not alone in this view..
Its almost a matter of principle these days with the wealth of free information on websites, social media, or our beloved shrimperzone.

However, I could definitely be persuaded to pay a nominal amount for yearly access, or deal with just 3 or 4 ads surrounding the article. The ads need to be relevant tho. Essex businesses and people, not some vague link to top 10 uk dating websites!! It also needs to be breaking news and quality information, as it stands they have the balance all wrong and a paywall just doesnt wash with people anymore imo.

Got to offer free content with well paying minimal advertisement, or a very small sub, or they will gradually fade into obscurity. Just the way i see it. I cant see anyone under 30 buying papers anymore, they need to utilise their historical credibility and name to survive or go the way of blockbuster video.
The ads are so easily managed by the use of ad block software. Free to download and use and of very little technical overhead on your hardware the s/w is the simple way to cure the Echo ad problem,

Its a tough time no doubt, but i would rather just close my browser then wade through a hundred ads or take a survey just to read an article, i know im not alone in this view..
Its almost a matter of principle these days with the wealth of free information on websites, social media, or our beloved shrimperzone.

However, I could definitely be persuaded to pay a nominal amount for yearly access, or deal with just 3 or 4 ads surrounding the article. The ads need to be relevant tho. Essex businesses and people, not some vague link to top 10 uk dating websites!! It also needs to be breaking news and quality information, as it stands they have the balance all wrong and a paywall just doesnt wash with people anymore imo.

Got to offer free content with well paying minimal advertisement, or a very small sub, or they will gradually fade into obscurity. Just the way i see it. I cant see anyone under 30 buying papers anymore, they need to utilise their historical credibility and name to survive or go the way of blockbuster video.
The ads are usually based on your browsing history also

The ads are usually based on your browsing history also
Havent found that to be the case for the echo tbh which as strange as most of the time google really targets my browsing history for advertising, or the wifes which is amusing lol. Echo just seems to be the same generic adverts, smart meters, seniors benefits, sports clothes, random celebrity ****.

And yes could install an ad blocker. Dont feel why i should bother just for a local papers website, no other websites i visit bother me really.

Havent found that to be the case for the echo tbh which as strange as most of the time google really targets my browsing history for advertising, or the wifes which is amusing lol. Echo just seems to be the same generic adverts, smart meters, seniors benefits, sports clothes, random celebrity ****.

And yes could install an ad blocker. Dont feel why i should bother just for a local papers website, no other websites i visit bother me really.
The flexibilty of ad bloc s/w is that you can tailor it for specific sites only.

The ads need to be relevant as well, Essex businesses and people, not some vague link to top 10 uk dating websites!! It also needs to be breaking news and quality information, as it stands they have the balance all wrong and a paywall just doesnt wash with people anymore imo.

This will cause up roar, what is the difference Echo asking to pay and SZ asking donations to keep this site running ?
People like local news and like all sites it’s fuelled with lazy journalism or rumours on sites, or something I know but you don’t
Therefore cannot see the difference

This will cause up roar, what is the difference Echo asking to pay and SZ asking donations to keep this site running ?
People like local news and like all sites it’s fuelled with lazy journalism or rumours on sites, or something I know but you don’t
Therefore cannot see the difference

SZ doesnt limit how much **** I can post or read, whereas the Echo site does. SZ asks for donations and its discretionary...

Back