• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening Echo

Now that the Owners/Moderators are happy for the Evening Echo to continue posting on this site and for payment to be required after a certain number of articles have been read perhaps they should ask the newspaper to become one of the sites sponsors and make a payment towards the upkeep of the site.

Now that the Owners/Moderators are happy for the Evening Echo to continue posting on this site and for payment to be required after a certain number of articles have been read perhaps they should ask the newspaper to become one of the sites sponsors and make a payment towards the upkeep of the site.
Where, on this thread, have you read that?

Hardly a case of being happy about it - we feel the same way everyone else does. Rootshallbloke posted up a workaround so people can get continue to get access. Did you try that?

Hardly a case of being happy about it - we feel the same way everyone else does. Rootshallbloke posted up a workaround so people can get continue to get access. Did you try that?
Sorry but if they post articles we can't read cant see the point of letting them post.
If I have to get an IT expert to read their posts they can do one ! Do they contribute to the site?

I'm with Special Blue on this one. I don't have to pay or take extra measures to read any other posters on this site so why the special treatment for the Echo?.

I'm with Special Blue on this one. I don't have to pay or take extra measures to read any other posters on this site so why the special treatment for the Echo?.
I don't disagree with either of you. We're not doing the Echo a favour here. We've allowed the Echo to post as an automated feed because, generally, it's been useful to have a flow of information about the club and it's provided some added value to the forum. Of course, that's challenged now with the paywall and the diminishing experience with increased ads on the site.

Personally, I've been in favour of keeping it for the reason above but I do recognise I may be holding on to something that's now gone stale.

If the wider consensus is to lose the Echo, we'll lose the Echo.

Except you don't have to pay or take extra measures to read their posts on this site.

You only have to pay or take measures if you want to go and read the full story on their website.

If you don't wish to see their headlines put them on ignore.

I don't have any problem with the Echo feeds or links on FB or Twitter. I do have Adblock installed so don't know if that makes a difference.

Personally, I think it would be a real shame to lose them from here - local paper reporting on local football club etc etc.

Can some deal not be done with the echo? if SZ is feeding income for them share some of that income? They used to regularly post here asking for SZ members to contribute to articles so they should be ok to pass some income back surely?
What happened to Echo insightful articles were they got some info that wants in general public domain.
Maybe also ask that there's a reasonable level of editorial / newsworthiness to the links they can post - none of that stuff around Blues fans want season voided with no relegation.

You don't have to pay after the max number of articles have been read if you kill the history on your browser, that's what I do on our local newspapers site (Daily Gazette) which is part of the same group!

I agree but have to say that once you’ve seen the headline and opening statement,there’s not much of interest that follows anyway.
When games were played,Chris Phillips match reports were particularly pathetic.
On Shrimperzone one has to tap “more” to read on.As they are only giving one more sentence before demanding payment, I think this could be amended to “not much more.”

The stupid thing about this is if follow Chris or the Echo on Twitter, you get the articles in full.

Back