• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening Echo

shrimpereeee

First XI
Worth getting today's echo if you can. A superb series of interviews with Peter Taylor on matters such as

1. Collymore
2. Tilly
3. Fry
3. Vic Jobson
4. A return to Southend

Oh and did you know RM actually offered him the manager's job when he sacked Newman only to be vetoed by the other directors who preferred Wignall!

No chance of more info for the likes of me I suppose?

rock.gif

The Echo delivery boy takes ages to peddle down to Malta.

mad.gif

Any chance the Echo could put this up on thisisessex.co.uk in the next couple of days for us poor unfortunate exiles?

1. Collymore - caused him his biggest problems as a manager at Leicester. When Taylor refused Collymore's demands to be the highest paid player at the club Collymore didn't want to play. Taylor said he was an unbelievable player but something wasn't quite right.

2. Tilly - will be a success. Apparently they speak most weeks.

3. Fry - allowed his players to go out on the $%&* the night before games! Tapped up our players after he left.

4. Jobson - wanted to cash in after Fry left..only wanted to sell players.

5. Return to SUFC - want to manage us again one day. Wants to return South when his contract at Hull expires in 2 years.

.....and much more!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 18 2005,13:27)]The Echo delivery boy takes ages to peddle down to Malta.

mad.gif
I have this image of a red and white Pedalo taking on a P&O steamer in the English Channel.

Even if he did pedal across to Malta, it still takes less time to get the finished paper to you than it take new stories to get from Roots Hall to the sports desk...

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ July 18 2005,14:38)]1. Collymore - caused him his biggest problems as a manager at Leicester. When Taylor refused Collymore's demands to be the highest paid player at the club Collymore didn't want to play. Taylor said he was an unbelievable player but something wasn't quite right.

2. Tilly - will be a success. Apparently they speak most weeks.

3. Fry - allowed his players to go out on the $%&* the night before games! Tapped up our players after he left.

4. Jobson - wanted to cash in after Fry left..only wanted to sell players.

5. Return to SUFC - want to manage us again one day. Wants to return South when his contract at Hull expires in 2 years.

.....and much more!
Thanks for that.

Hopefully, the manager's post won't be up for grabs at the Hall in 2 years time becuase Tilly and Brush will be managiung us still.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ July 18 2005,14:38)]Even if he did pedal across to Malta, it still takes less time to get the finished paper to you than it take new stories to get from Roots Hall to the sports desk...

glare.gif
That's because the same delivery boy has to deliver the news on his journey BACK!

ghostface.gif

Ive just read the article in the Echo, a very good read. Interesting to see him mentioning having to sell Ricky Otto and getting more than he was worth but he didnt mention the real reason he was sold!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ July 18 2005,16:09)]Ive just read the article in the Echo, a very good read. Interesting to see  him mentioning having to sell Ricky Otto and getting more than he was worth but he didnt mention the real reason he was sold!
I wondered how long before the "rumours" got dragged up again!

Urban myth or true story ? ? ?
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ July 18 2005,16:09)]Ive just read the article in the Echo, a very good read. Interesting to see  him mentioning having to sell Ricky Otto and getting more than he was worth but he didnt mention the real reason he was sold!
biggrin.gif
Has to be the first player ever to be sold BECAUSE he scored!

[b said:
I'd heard the story (and may have mentioned it on here) that Barry Fry had done the club a real favour in taking Otto off our hands for £800,000.

That still doesn't excuse what Judas already had done.

Neither does selling Otto for more than he was worth (although he was playing like a million pound player when we sold him) excuse Taylor for selling the likes of Mooney and Hunt for a fraction of their worth and replacing them with donkeys.

My dads mate drinks in a pub down leigh where peter taylor is sometimes in and he said that one of the reasons behind selling otto was he was going out with taylors daughter which taylor didnt agree with, not sure how much truth is in it but my dads mate is 50 odd so i doubt hes going to lie about something like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ July 18 2005,17:15)]My dads mate drinks in a pub down leigh where peter taylor is sometimes in and he said that one of the reasons behind selling otto was he was going out with taylors daughter which taylor didnt agree with, not sure how much truth is in it but my dads mate is 50 odd so i doubt hes going to lie about something like that.
So your age affects the likelihood of you lying? Interesting!

Not sure the jury who just convicted the ex-CEO of Enron would agree with you...

Personally I wouldn't have wanted Otto to go near my daughter (if I had one), so wouldn't blame PT if it's true.

I did say i didnt know how much was true!! I wouldnt let any footballer near my daughter!!

If I was a footballer wouldn't get involved with the manager's daughter either.

You'd be scared of taking her out clubbing in case stories got back to the family. Your mates would think twice about asking you out with them in case they got reported back on.

Too much sex and you're not concentrating on your game, take the edge off (apparently). Not enough and she's unhappy, manager might think you're not treating the daughter well if she's not happy.

Just never sh*t in your own office!

And that's before taking into account previous convictions and a four inch scar across your face...

Back