• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening echo.....

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Have you or your friends ever been featured in the Evening Echo and if so, how embarrassing was the story?

(Note, birthday greetings from your mum do not count).

I am proud to say I have been mentioned in court report three times for assorted motoring offences and have also had a full page spread in the sport section when I was 14 with the headline 'Trophy time for Tyler'.

I had my picture in the Barking and Dagenham Post, when I was 6/7 when me and some other kids got certificates off the Mayor of Barking. Does that count?

When we won promotion at Peterborough, me and my brothers were in a picture that was in the Echo. We were standing right at the front of the stand, in a gateway, in full Southend gear and right in the middle of the picture!

My younger brother has been in the paper recently on the opinions page and my wife's grandfather was in the Echo only a month or so ago in a story relating to Nasser Hussain.

My glory will always be having my name printed in the Sun though! My friend won the lottery, git, and i was interviewed by a mass of reporters outside his house, they're a bunch of t***ers, what they printed in the paper was nothing like what i said! Journalists hey!
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Oct. 21 2004,10:19)]My glory will always be having my name printed in the Sun though!  My friend won the lottery, git, and i was interviewed by a mass of reporters outside his house, they're a bunch of t***ers, what they printed in the paper was nothing like what i said! Journalists hey!
mad.gif

mad.gif
My mate, Nick, was interviewed by More! magazine about what would you do in this situation. When I read it, I knew he never said that. He even claims they changed what he said as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 21 2004,11:18)]I had my picture in the Barking and Dagenham Post, when I was 6/7 when me and some other kids got certificates off the Mayor of Barking. Does that count?
Is the Barking and Dagenham post the Evening Echo?

If you want to boast about your 'achievement' start your own thread..........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 21 2004,10:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 21 2004,11:18)]I had my picture in the Barking and Dagenham Post, when I was 6/7 when me and some other kids got certificates off the Mayor of Barking. Does that count?
Is the Barking and Dagenham post the Evening Echo?

If you want to boast about your 'achievement' start your own thread..........
Bloody hell, calm down.

Sorry......

oh yeah, forgot about when we did the Caravan-Dwellers from the rock in the FA Cup replay - big piccy in the back pages of myself and a few of the Youths

Nope. Never been in the Echo so far as I'm aware.

For those who have passed through Canary Wharf in London, you may have seen the local paper there called "The Wharf".

Well, I was the main story on Page 3 of the Wharf... dressed as Harry Potter.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 21 2004,11:14)]Well, I was the main story on Page 3 of the Wharf... dressed as Harry Potter.
Headline: 'Harry Potter 2025: Where did it all go wrong?'

rock.gif
tounge.gif

Been mentioned many times when scoring goals ...

Also was in a piccie from the 2-0 away win last year at Boston with Shrek in the background and Craven et al at the front. I've got the piccie at home and Ben looks as ****ed as anything!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 21 2004,11:27)]Been mentioned many times when scoring goals ...

Also was in a piccie from the 2-0 away win last year at Boston with Shrek in the background and Craven et al at the front. I've got the piccie at home and Ben looks as ****ed as anything!

laugh.gif
Isn't he always tho?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I was featured when a short film I made won a competition to be shown with a select number of shorts on TV.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 21 2004,12:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 21 2004,11:14)]Well, I was the main story on Page 3 of the Wharf... dressed as Harry Potter.
Headline: 'Harry Potter 2025: Where did it all go wrong?'

rock.gif

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Can't remember what the headline was... I'll have a look at home tonight.

cool.gif

Had a pic in the Echo when I was 12 - doing a sponsored walk down the pier with some other Westcliffians, raising money for our school exchange with School 231 in Moscow, to pay for some of the less well-off Russki kids to come over...

Had my name in a couple of times for scoring for Southend Rangers... not sure if they still give scorers' names?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 21 2004,11:48)]Had my name in a couple of times for scoring for Southend Rangers... not sure if they still give scorers' names?
No they've banned all that now, Spiffy. And they dont even give names of players in photo's anymore either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 21 2004,12:48)]Had my name in a couple of times for scoring for Southend Rangers...
when did you play for them Spiff?

I played for their B team in 1990 but gave it up cos I was missing too many SUFC games!

My Mum put an engagement announcement in....funnily enough when I got engaged.......other than that just the odd picture of me in the crowd at SUFC matches.

Back