• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ever seen yourself in a picture where you didn't expect it?

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Just had a freaky experience. Googled a picture of the Crooked Billet in Leigh to send to a bloke on the Brisbane Roar forum who lives in London (he may head down this weekend and was looking for recommendations). I got one from the Beer In The Evening website and posted it on the forum.

Upon closer inspection - I'm only in the blooming photo! Sitting at one of the picnic tables with my missus, her grandparents over from NZ and Kathleen in her push along bike. I'm in the blue shirt and cap with my back to the camera.

Just a complete coincidence, that's really freaked me out - and means I now have a craving for a beer and some prawns from there!

455e0ecc5eb90e357398c7fe679a6fc4.jpg

Last edited:
On Google street view, although I kinda knew I would be when one of their cars went past me.

I have 2 that are both Southend United related, one was a pic of me at Goodison Park when we played Everton in the F.A. Cup and the other was of me outside Roots Hall during the "Jobson out protest", both appeared in the Echo but unfortunatly i lost both clippings in a house fire 5 years ago.

I wonder if the Echo still have archived pictures stored somewhere.

Similar to others, back of the echo a few times, most memorably (or not) was at Rushden when Searle fired in a beuty.

I was looking at the Southend V Chelsea pics, and looking at our fantastic crowd support and when I looked closer, I was right in the middle of the photo!

At the replayed home game against Chelsea, I looked in the programme, and the same picture was in the programme on TBV page!

I was in the paper after the Chelsea home game, looking a right hooligan! It was as coaches pulled in.... living in Colcehster, I didn't see picture until a PE teacher at school presented it to me and then the Head Teacher said 'Nice picture in the Echo...'. There was a mixture of pride and embarassment! :)

Also, someone put up some photos they had taken around the Hall a few months back and my dad was in one of them queuing up in the West Stand tea bar!! That really weirded me out!

Not me, but I was told a story about a guy who had just got engaged. He and his future wife were looking through old photos of him, and came across a load from when he went inter-railing one summer many years previously, before they had met.

There was one photo of him outside Notre Dame Cathedral. His now fiance then pointed herself out in the background.

Quite a few SUFC related ones actually.

The strangest one was the last season that the Millenium Stadium was used for the Carling Cup Final/FA Cup/Playoff finals, in those 5 programmes, there was an article on how good a substitute the Mill Stad had been yada yada and how the passion of the fans had been just as good, on one A4 page, and on the A4 next to it, and picture showing this passion.....

....a close up of me after the final whistle against Lincoln, going a bit mental.

Other would be being used as the face of passion for the season ticket brochure last season (picture from St Marys)

Been on the front page of the Echo a few times after the Man Ure game. Right slap bang in the middle of the picture of the fans at Southampton. In the programme/OS at the Chelski game theres my sister with her gob wide open and then me with a flag covering half my face :madman:

Back