• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
After the totally depressing events of the Cambridge match and now Luton I thought I would like to add a more positive post. I have been helping a researcher in Accrington and I came across the following clip from the Southend Standard in 1925 about the then new Southend goalkeeper Billy Moore .

MOORE GETS THE CROWD
Moore who came into the team as a result of Hayes injury can now claim to have two good games to his credit. The way he held the fort for the first twenty minutes on Saturday made him a firm favourite with the crowd. At half time he was made the subject of two ovations. Had it been allowed he would have been carried shoulder high by the partisans near the pavilion as he fled out to the changing rooms. When he took up his position in the other goal he was given a great reception. He turned to face his work in this second period in the knowledge that every man behind him on the bank was a friend. Naturally this was great encouragement to a young keeper. During the second moiety Moore came out to clear but two other players rose from behind him and he was left prone. The play was stopped and the trainer called. Everywhere around the arena not a sound was heard. He rose, straightened his limbs and waked back to his charge. That moment there rang out a cheer that people in the fun fair adjoining might have thought it was a signal of another goal. The crowd new their champion was not badly hurt.
From the Southend Standard 1st October 1925.

... I think Justham had lots of friends behind him in the second half, yesterday!

Back