• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod⭐⭐
Staff member
3 years ago today!

[video=youtube_share;BVUofqedcR0]https://youtu.be/BVUofqedcR0[/video]

One of the best days of supporting Southend!

I still dont know how anyone could have left. I know there were seconds left but it was 1-0. If we were getting pasted 3 or 4-0 I could have understood it but for anyone that left you deserved to miss that magical moment. Best day of my life!!

Thanks for posting that up Ricey and reminding us all of that great day. :thumbsup:

The fantastic emotions still kick in every time I watch that.

:Goal:

:loyalsupporter: :happy::clap: :loyalsupporter::happy::clap: :loyalsupporter::happy::clap:

I still dont know how anyone could have left. I know there were seconds left but it was 1-0. If we were getting pasted 3 or 4-0 I could have understood it but for anyone that left you deserved to miss that magical moment. Best day of my life!!

A friend of mine was sat in club Wembley he headed out with about 3 minutes to go. As they use an escalator it goes one way for in at the start and one way for out at the end. He was walking down Wembley way and heard the cheer. Phoned me and I went mental, he tried to get back in but because of the escalator they wouldn’t let him back in. He was halfway home by the time we had won on pens. All because he wanted to beat the traffic! He has still yet to see us win in a final. Went to the two LDV, didn’t bother with the play off in Cardiff, went to Paint Trophy final and then left early for the play off final. He’s not allowed on anymore trips to finals now!

He also didn’t bother coming when I said I had a spare ticket for us against Manchester United.

I'm a grown *** man and watching that video Ricey and reading them tweets AB, I've got a tear in my eye and shivers all over!

I will never ever forget that day!

Still can't believe those penalties by Barrett and Bolger - such power, such confidence, such bullets!

Nice to see some of those involved on the pitch sharing the reminiscing today on Twitter.

Brilliant day, still brings goosebumps watching Piggot score the equaliser.

[video=youtube;9O2iaJqVxUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O2iaJqVxUk[/video]

Barely seems to warrant a mention on here, but our playoff win 13 years ago today was for me much better than the Wembley one.

We actually won the game for a start, with our goals scored by a couple of Southend stalwarts who were actually our own players. It was a much better match too.

Barely seems to warrant a mention on here, but our playoff win 13 years ago today was for me much better than the Wembley one.

We actually won the game for a start, with our goals scored by a couple of Southend stalwarts who were actually our own players. It was a much better match too.

It was great without a doubt, but 3yrs ago, the impending doom followed by a glorious high is something I very much doubt I'll experience in life in any walk of life. Such a rapid reversal of fortune.

Back