• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MilkeySUFC

Manager⭐
Right, here's my first thoughts:

GK Adam Federici (Takes the spot well ahead of Flappy)
RB Simon Francis
LB George Friend
CB ?
CB ?
RW Francis Laurent
LW Scott Forbes
CM Franck Moussa
CM ? (Has Kane been sold yet....?)
FW Freddy Eastwood
FW Dougie Freedman (I mean the one before he came to us)

Any other suggestions?

Desperately short on central defenders! What position did Franky Banks play? (A little before my time!)

Frank Banks was a right back of many years service, left to join Hull and returned to Roots Hall until he retired.

Graham Franklin was IIRC a left winger signed from Great Yarmouth in the late 60's.

Don't forget Eddie Firmani.
Plus Frank Haydock midfield.

Graham Franklin I thought, was a left of centre striker...I seem to remember chasing him around the cricket grounds. As to GKs, if you don't want Darryl you cannot go far wrong with Neil Freeman, a genial gent. You actually have a Foggo and a Foggon here too, both of whom were ok.

Graham Franklin I thought, was a left of centre striker...I seem to remember chasing him around the cricket grounds. As to GKs, if you don't want Darryl you cannot go far wrong with Neil Freeman, a genial gent. You actually have a Foggo and a Foggon here too, both of whom were ok.

This sounds like Benny Hill gone awry. :stunned:

Well, I think 'F' might just be the hardest letter!

Can't come up with one decent CB, let alone a pair! I've got Simon Francis, Frank Banks & Frank Lampard Snr as full-backs. Anyone have any thoughts on who would be the best CB pairing from those? I'd pick Francis as one, simply because I've seen him play there a few times (for better or worse).

As others have said, Eddie Firmani is a must upfront (not that I was around then). 'F' is definately a tricky letter.

Looking on sufcdatabase website...
Trevor Fitzpatrick (forward)
Richie Foran (on the wing!)

Think you may have to go 3 at the back!

Well, I think 'F' might just be the hardest letter!

Can't come up with one decent CB, let alone a pair! I've got Simon Francis, Frank Banks & Frank Lampard Snr as full-backs. Anyone have any thoughts on who would be the best CB pairing from those? I'd pick Francis as one, simply because I've seen him play there a few times (for better or worse).

Milkey - SUFC database lists Frank Haydock as a centre-half.

Talking of Haydock, could you have ****ing Drewe Broughton.

He once came last in the 3:30 at Haydock.

Last edited:
Back