• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Napster

No ⭐
Default Squad G ... Manager: usa shrimper

GK: George Mackenzie
RB: Gary Poole
CB: George Molyneux
CB: Guy Butters
LB: Graham Birks
RM: Garry Nelson
CM: Glenn Pennyfather
CM: Gordon Barker
LM: Mark Gower
F: Shaun Goater
F: Bill Garner

Squad F ... Manager: MilkeySUFC

GK: Adam Federici
RB: Frank Banks
CB: Simon Francis
CB: Frank Haydock
LB: Andy Ford
RW: Jackie French
CM: Franck Moussa
CM: Brian Ferguson
LW: Gerry Fell
FW: Eddie Firmani
FW: Freddy Eastwood

There's at least three (possibly four) players in the 'G' side who I have never heard of. I think I'll need more info on McKenzie, Birks and Barker before I'm qualified to vote on this one.

I think I remember reading about Molyneux in either the History of the Blues or one of the other SUFC books, but the others don't ring any bells.

George Mackenzine, Keeper from the 30's played international football for Ireland.
George Molyneux 200 games and England international also Southend mamager 1910-1911.
Graham Birks 140 games in the late 60's
Graham Baker 57 games 9 goals for Southend while also scoring over 21,000 runs as an opening batsman for Essex.......now thats quality.

Could players from the 1930's keep out the likes of Freddy with their beer,fag and pie diets.

Well the last time I saw Freddy he was tucking into a burger in the kebab shop opposite Bakers Bar so maybe he was playing a few decades after his time.

There's at least three (possibly four) players in the 'G' side who I have never heard of. I think I'll need more info on McKenzie, Birks and Barker before I'm qualified to vote on this one.

Graham Birks is IMO one of the best left backs we've had at the club in all the years I've been going to Roots Hall, behind Edinburgh & Powell.
I never saw Gordon Barker play for Blues, but I did see him play for Essex many times, he was rather a dour Yorkshireman and scored over 20,000 runs for the county in a long career.

George Mackenzine, Keeper from the 30's played international football for Ireland.
George Molyneux 200 games and England international also Southend mamager 1910-1911.
Graham Birks 140 games in the late 60's
Graham Baker 57 games 9 goals for Southend while also scoring over 21,000 runs as an opening batsman for Essex.......now thats quality.

Good work there usa, enough to get my vote :thumbsup:

The Gs have some pretty important individuals but for me the Fs win this one on being a better all round team, strength in every area, with the added + factor of Firmani and Eastwood up top.

Thanks, OBL, I couldn't have put it better myself!

Plus I'm confident my team could get the better of any team boasting Gary Poole at Right Back!!

Back