• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would win ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Squad A ... Manager: Beefy

GK: Adam Federici
RB: Dean Austin
CB: Alan Moody
CB: Adam Barrett
LB: Alex 'Sandy' Anderson
RM: Andy Ansah
CM: Alan McCormack
CM: Andy Sussex
LM: Anton Otulakowski
F: Brett Angell
F: Albert Wakefield

Squad M ... Manager: jamesmut2000
GK Mervyn Cawston
RB Micky Stead
CH Eddie May
CH Alan Moody
LB Charlie Mulgrew
RM Colin Morris
CM Mike Marsh
CM Kevin Maher
LM Mark Gower
CF Sam McCrory
CF Keith Mercer

M has the strongest midfield in the tournament. My A team has a relaitvely weak midfield. I personally think that that is cancelled out by a very strong defence and would also fancy my wingers to get joy out of those fullbacks.

I think this one boils down to the strike force and would expect Brett Angell to get the deciding goal in a narrow victory.

A late 1-0 win for the 'M' team after Barratt cuddles Mercer in the box and Captain Kev steps up and bursts the net from the penalty spot!

A late 1-0 win for the 'M' team after Barratt cuddles Mercer in the box and Captain Kev steps up and bursts the net from the penalty spot!

Ooh you sure ?? Alan Moody or Mike Marsh on spot kicks James, i seem to recall King Kev missing at least a couple during his reign

This really is a close one. Beefy's A's are strong everywhere except central midfield, but all they need to do is win the ball and play it wide and let Ansah & Otulakowski do the business. The M's have an immense midfield, but their defence and attack aren't on the same level. hmmm it's a toughie.

...............A.E.T.
..........A's 3 - 2 M's
Wakefield 53...Marsh 55
...Angell 102...McCrory 98
...Ansah 116

Really tough one this, don't know about the As midfield being weak, that's two tremendously effective wingers and an on form Macca is not too shabby neither. The question for me is whether to pitt them like for like against each other or positionally against each other? I am open to being persuaded, gentlemen! :winking:

Really tough one this, don't know about the As midfield being weak, that's two tremendously effective wingers and an on form Macca is not too shabby neither. The question for me is whether to pitt them like for like against each other or positionally against each other? I am open to being persuaded, gentlemen! :winking:

Not sure i know this guy :raspberry:

You been drinking again Kay??? Gower would have turned him inside out all afternoon.

This really is a close one. Beefy's A's are strong everywhere except central midfield, but all they need to do is win the ball and play it wide and let Ansah & Otulakowski do the business. The M's have an immense midfield, but their defence and attack aren't on the same level. hmmm it's a toughie.

...............A.E.T.
..........A's 3 - 2 M's
Wakefield 53...Marsh 55
...Angell 102...McCrory 98
...Ansah 116

You normally talk a lot of sense Drastic, but on the subject of the M defence you're way off beam. Three of the defence, Cawston, Moody & Stead were cornerstones of our team that one it's first trophy in 1980/81. Cawston IMO is our best ever keeper, Micky Stead one of if not the best right back we've had, plus the stalwart Alan Moody veteran of over 500 Blues appearances in all competitions. Added to that Eddie May who was a dominant centre half of the 60's who after Blues served Wrexham for many years. And then Charlie Mulgrew, ok not in the Chrisse Powell league, but good enough to be part of the side that took us into the play offs 3 years ago.

H, you're on the same wavelength as me normally - pitt them like for like or positionally?

Back