• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ex Shrimpers Goal Scoring League 2015/2016 *Table updated:Page 6 (04/04/16)*

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Unfortunately last season was a busy year for me so I was unable to commit to this but it's back. Basically this is a league table for each division and then an overall table of the top scorers. At the moment I have only done up to the national league but I will add further with a bit more time. Here is how this week has gone so far:

Premiership:

Championship:

League One:
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 1
John Egan (Gillingham) - 1

League Two:
Barry Corr (Cambridge) - 2
John-Joe O'Toole (Northampton) - 1
Billy Paynter (Hartlepool) - 1
Jabo Ibehre (Carlisle) - 1

National League:
Harry Crawford (Boreham Wood) - 1

League Table:
Barry Corr (Cambridge) - 2
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 1
Billy Paynter (Hartlepool) - 1
Jabo Ibehre (Carlisle) - 1

So the legend that is Barry Corr takes an early lead with 6 others scoring but no goals yet for the ex shrimpers playing their trade in the Premiership and Championship. If I have missed any please feel free to let me know so I can keep this as up to date as possible.

Last edited:
Doncaster let Clarke score because their goal seconds earlier was an accident. Cost me 260 quid in an accumulator.

I don't remember us having Kabba. Just looked on Wikipedia and it says he was on loan but didn't make an appearance. Is that correct?

I don't remember us having Kabba. Just looked on Wikipedia and it says he was on loan but didn't make an appearance. Is that correct?

That is correct I debated on adding him as he didn't make an appearance but he was on loan with us so I thought why not.

Loved the photo of BBBC which topped the BBCs web report on Cambridge. I suppose the shirt colours are similar, but you would have thought Cambridge could afford to give him one of theirs.

BBBC.jpg

That Welling striker is a different Kabba, the one your talking about is Steve (who was on loan with us) the one who scored for Welling today is Sahr Kabba.

That Welling striker is a different Kabba, the one your talking about is Steve (who was on loan with us) the one who scored for Welling today is Sahr Kabba.

Good spot! Noted and changed.

Also the Ch5 programme had Cornick down as scoring Yeovil's first goal. The BBC have given it to Laird. The highlights were very brief but it didn't look like it was Laird that scored it.

Also the Ch5 programme had Cornick down as scoring Yeovil's first goal. The BBC have given it to Laird. The highlights were very brief but it didn't look like it was Laird that scored it.

Cornick has been credited with the goal on Yeovil's official match report too. Sorry Laird you've been knocked off too.

I will only be counting goals from the league to make it fair as if I include all competitions it gets really complicated and then there is the argument of do I include JPT etc.

Sorry Ricey only just noticed your comment from earlier today that you'll only count league goals. Leon Clarke got 2 tonight which we won't bother counting. He's a moody sod anyway ;-)

15 August 2015: 7 players scored 10 goals between them today. The big match was in league two with Jabo out trumping BBBC's two goals with a hat trick becoming the first ex shrimper to score a hat trick after just 2 league games played. We have our first championship goalscorers in ex loanees Scott Malone firing the equaliser in the 90th minute for Cardiff to rain on QPR's 2-0 early lead with Sean Morrison scoring their first. Two other new goal scorers came from another ex loanee and last seasons league two player of the year Danny Mayor. Home sick Ryan Cresswell got one for Northampton as the other newcomer to the list. And finally captain of Hartlepool Billy Paynter scored his second of the season.

Premiership:

Championship:
Scott Malone (Cardiff) - 1
Sean Morrison (Cardiff) - 1

League One:
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 1
Danny Mayor (Bury) - 1

League Two:
Jabo Ibehre (Carlisle) - 4
Barry Corr (Cambridge) - 4
Billy Paynter (Hartlepool) - 2
Ryan Cresswell (Northampton) - 1

National League:

League Table:
Barry Corr (Cambridge) - 4
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 1
Danny Mayor (Bury) - 1

Last edited:
Sean Morrison scored for Cardiff on saturday was once a Blue. Will always remember he signed on loan before a game down at yeovil and lasted 30 mins before getting his marching orders.

Sean Morrison scored for Cardiff on saturday was once a Blue. Will always remember he signed on loan before a game down at yeovil and lasted 30 mins before getting his marching orders.

Thanks for that, I can't believe I missed him. So many Morrisons about you lose count, the table has been updated and changed.

So after 3 games Barry Corr has managed to bag himself 5 goals, scoring his 5th today and becomes the first ex shrimper to score 5 league goals this season, the only other scorer of the night is ex loanee and journeyman Leon Clarke with his 2nd of the season. Barry now tops the chart with 1 ahead of Jabo.

Congratulations BBBC on 5 league goals.

Premiership:

Championship:

League One:
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 2
Danny Mayor (Bury) - 1

League Two:
Barry Corr (Cambridge) - 5

National League:

League Table:
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 2
Danny Mayor (Bury) - 1

22/08/15 - Well today is a first because as I am writing this Barry Corr isn't in bold and didn't score, not because he couldn't find the back of the net but because of an ankle injury sustained on Tuesday. Jabo Ibehre moved onto joint top scorer with Corr slotting away his 5th of the season. We have two new scorers from the Championship both former loanees Jonson Clarke-Harris and Cauely 'It's his contract to play' Woodrow. Danny Mayor scored his second of the season in Bury's goal fest against Crewe. Jacob Murphy on loan at Coventry scored his first of the season and finally Harry Crawford scored his 2nd of the season for Borehamwood.

Premiership:

Championship:
Cauley Woodrow (Fulham) - 1
Jonson Clarke-Harris (Rotherham) - 1

League One:
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 2
Danny Mayor (Bury) - 2
Jacob Murphy (Coventry) - 1

League Two:
Jabo Ibehre (Carlisle) - 5

National League:
Harry Crawford (Boreham Wood) - 2

League Table:
Jabo Ibehre (Carlisle) - 5
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 2
Danny Mayor (Bury) - 2
Harry Crawford (Boreham Wood) - 2
Cauley Woodrow (Fulham) - 1
Jonson Clarke-Harris (Rotherham) - 1

30/08/15: This weekend we had only 4 goal scorers with 5 goals, with all goals coming in only 2 games. First off in the Championship Woodrow scored the 3rd goal for Fulham and Clarke-Harris scored Rotherham's only goal in their 3-1 loss. Whilst in League Two Jabo Ibehre kept up his great form with another 2 goals to his tally to take top spot with 7 goals, Billy Paynter scored his 3rd of the season against Ibehre's Carlisle. Still no goals in the Premiership and another game out injured for Corr.

Premiership:

Championship:
Jonson Clarke-Harris (Rotherham) - 2
Cauley Woodrow (Fulham) - 2

League One:
Leon Clarke (Bury) - 2
Danny Mayor (Bury) - 2

League Two: