• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Ex-Shrimpers in the Premiership now?

SteveK

Does anyone know of any former Southend players appearing in the Premiership this season? I can only think of Leon Cort! Thought I might find a couple for my fantasy league team.

none at the mo I believe, except cort, easier to pick players who have played in prem

Butler west sham
powell derby-charlton
keith jones- charlton
Angell- everton
austin-spurs-palace
edinburgh- spurs
anymore anyone

Apart from Kerrea Gilbert, who technically is still at Arsenal although on loan at Leicester I don't believe theres anymore.

Not actually playing, but Mark Prudhoe is the goalkeeper coach at Hull, that's about the closest link I think you'll get for an old Southend player to be playing in the prem now.

Leon Cort is the only one who will be playing in the Premiership this season, providing he gets picked, that has previously played for us.

Kerrea Gilbert could do if his recalled from Leicester.

Stephen Kelly did last season with Birmingham.

Back