• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would win ??

• P

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • E

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Squad P ... Manager: Pubey

GK - Paul Sansome
LB - Chris Powell
CB - Pat Scully
CB - Spencer Prior
RB - Glenn Pennyfather
LM - Peter Taylor
CM - Paul Clark
CM - Peter Butler
RM - Ron Pountney
F - Peter Silvester
F - Steve Phillips

Squad E ... Manager: undercovershrimper

GK Eric Steele
LB Justin Edinburgh
CB Andy Edwards
CB Efe Sodje
RB Tommy Evans
LW Tommy Edwards
CM Eddie Clayton
CM Craig Edwards
RW Dave Elliott
CF Eddie Firmani
CF Freddy Eastwood

Aarrgghh .. apologies folks, but i forgot to click a button meaning you can see who has voted for who on this one :blush:

Excellent, means I can vote against Pubey without getting neg rep.....:clap:

I haven't got a Scooby who any of the E midfield are, can anybody enlighten me?

Craig Edwards was a youthie who made one league sub appearance and one LDV start, Welshman Tommy Edwards played 13 times in 1948 scoring once (ask :cricko: what he was like as a player). Eddie Clayton was actually a forward and is much championed by canveyshrimper and played 83 times (scoring 18) during the late 60s and Dave Elliott was a defensive midfielder who played nearly 200 in the early 70s

Craig Edwards was a youthie who made one league sub appearance and one LDV start, Welshman Tommy Edwards played 13 times in 1948 scoring once (ask :cricko: what he was like as a player). Eddie Clayton was actually a forward and is much championed by canveyshrimper and played 83 times (scoring 18) during the late 60s and Dave Elliott was a defensive midfielder who played nearly 200 in the early 70s

Eddie Clayton spent most of his career at Tottenham and was on the fringes of their great Double winning side of 1960/61. I'm guessing that he could have had a long career in the top flight with another club, but he stayed at Spurs and came to Roots Hall when he was past 30. Quite simply he is one of the best passers of a football I've ever seen in a Blues shirt, he rarely wasted the ball. In the goal laden season of 1968/69 he played alongside Phil Chisnall & Chico Hamilton and provide the ammunition for the prolific Billy Best & Gary Moore. Clayton weighed in with goals himself along with Hamilton, Chisnall & Sammy MacMillan. I'd have to find a spot for him in an all time Blues XI.

Dave Elliott IIRC (eith out recourse to sufcdb) signed for us from Newcastle, a blonde central midfielde who also captained the side for a long time. He moved from Roots Hall to take over as player manager at Newport County.

He also played for Italy 3 times and is in the Spurs all time hall of fame.

Thanks for the info chaps :thumbsup:

The fact Elliot & Clayton are highly regarded strengthens the E team's position somewhat from first glance, especially with Firmani & Eastwood up top. And Edinburgh, Sodje & Edwards make a decent defensive core. Once again Pubey's P team will be incredibly difficult to break down but may lack somewhat on the goal front. If Clayton is half as good as you suggest he could provide for Eastwood & Eddie. Another tough call.

Thanks for the info chaps :thumbsup:

The fact Elliot & Clayton are highly regarded strengthens the E team's position somewhat from first glance, especially with Firmani & Eastwood up top. And Edinburgh, Sodje & Edwards make a decent defensive core. Once again Pubey's P team will be incredibly difficult to break down but may lack somewhat on the goal front. If Clayton is half as good as you suggest he could provide for Eastwood & Eddie. Another tough call.

But the E team does have Eric Steele in goal! :thumbdown:

You know what's swung it for me? Shut down Peter Taylor and you shut down the P's supply. Undercovershrimper's deployment of defensive midfielder Elliot on his right flank does exactly this. Eastwood wonder strike wins it.

FT
P's 0 - 1 E's
...........Eastwood 75

While Steele like Neville Southall was crap with us, he had a decent career elsewhere. I think he won 5 promotions with different clubs in his career.

Thats as maybe H, but this comp is in regard to being a Shrimper legend, not how they performed elsewhere and Steele for us was on a par with Earl Cumbersome IMO

You know what's swung it for me? Shut down Peter Taylor and you shut down the P's supply. Undercovershrimper's deployment of defensive midfielder Elliot on his right flank does exactly this. Eastwood wonder strike wins it.

FT
P's 0 - 1 E's
...........Eastwood 75

Drug test called for

come on people getting voting E

pc211%20just%20say%20no.jpg

Back