• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would win ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Squad R ... Manager: Brettie Angell

GK: Simon Royce
CB: Richard Jobson
CB: Robert Newman
CB: Leo Roget
LM: Ricky Otto
CM: Ron Pountey
CM: Ronnie Whelan
RM: Hal Robson-Kanu
F: Richard Cadette
F: Roy McDonough
F: Theo Robinson

Squad C ... Manager: fbm

GK Mervyn Cawston
RB Paul Clark
CB Leon Cort
CB Peter Clarke
LB Chris Powell
RM Colin Morris
CM Phil Chisnall
LM Willie Coulson
F Richard Cadette
F David Crown
F Stan Collymore

A titanic clash for me. BrettieAngell's side shouldn't be counted out of it, against most other teams they'd probably go through easily! I like the balance of the R's, the frontline has the finishing of Cadette, the pace of Robinson and the er....violence of McDonough, plus to wingers in Robson-Kanu & Otto that would scre the bejesus out of any defence, Pountney provides the graft in the centre and Whelan the finese. It's just a weaker looker defence up against the C's big guns that lets them down and even then there England's No1 to get past.

The C's have a solid looking backline and a cracking frontline but the midfield looks weaker than the R's.

Thanks DS, I think my team is actually pretty good but the forward line of the C team is just orgasmic! We would have to fight over Cadette though! :hilarious:

I think R might be the only side who have a chance against C. C's strikeforce is ridiculous but there's some real talent in that R team. Ronnie Whelan spraying the ball wide for HKR and Ricky Otto would be a joy to watch.

They just edge it for me.

R for me as well. Jobson was a class act at the back. 3-2 to R.

It's info like this that can make a difference. It's a close run thing for me but the C's lack of a strong midfield to supply their frontline is what makes the difference for me.

.........................A.E.T.
....................R's 3 - 2 C's
..................Otto 27...Collymore 19, 63
.............Cadette 72
.McDonough S/O 89....Clarke S/O 89
...Robson-Kanu 109

It's even until McDonough & Clarke get sent off for a fight in the dying minutes, then a defender short C's can't stop Robson-Kanu from giving the R's victory.

Could the shock be on?

The midfield Rs would be fantastic to watch, but I really can't see past the C frontline making sure Roycie suffers.

It's info like this that can make a difference. It's a close run thing for me but the C's lack of a strong midfield to supply their frontline is what makes the difference for me.

.........................A.E.T.
....................R's 3 - 2 C's
..................Otto 27...Collymore 19, 63
.............Cadette 72
.McDonough S/O 89....Clarke S/O 89
...Robson-Kanu 109

It's even until McDonough & Clarke get sent off for a fight in the dying minutes, then a defender short C's can't stop Robson-Kanu from giving the R's victory.

Could the shock be on?

Lol... love the goalscoring times and can only imagine the incident that got Donut and Clarke sent off near the end... it would have almost certainly been a 22 man brawl with Roget running the length of the field to get involved...

My midfield is certainly an issue and the weak area of my side. However, Team R have no fullbacks and Otto wasn't renowned for his defensive duties. Morris and Coulson would have a field day getting the crosses in whilst Cadette, Collymore and Crown would individually all come out on top against any of the CB's in my opinion (not in the air, but certainly on the deck).

But for me the key is that my C team contains 3 players - Cort, Powell and Collymore - who went on to play in the Premier League and for some time, the latter two being internationals.

Team R can boast no such quality, with their highest profile players - Jobson, Newman and Whelan - coming to us later on in their careers with the latter two being at or past their sell by date.

Another epic battle, but I would fancy my team to shade it.

Jobson and Newman had the experience and resourcefulness to deal with your strikeforce, I think. Well, as much as anyone could deal with SVC. Similar to Prior & Sodje containing Ronaldo & Rooney.

Back