• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Example for Ron

Here is an example for Ron how to communicate with the fans, though I will say don’t try saying Leicesters chairman’s name while drunk ?
View attachment 15624
When it comes to natural affability and ability to communicate like this, you either have it or you don't. And if you don't, then you surround yourself with people who do and speak through them or let them do it. Hopefully he is learning this now.

Here is an example for Ron how to communicate with the fans, though I will say don’t try saying Leicesters chairman’s name while drunk ?
View attachment 15624

This.

Good clubs don't happen by accident, they happen by design.

Nearly every staff member that was there in 2000 when I had a spell there are still there in promoted positions, supported by the Thai money but more importantly giving professionals the tools to do the job.

When it comes to natural affability and ability to communicate like this, you either have it or you don't. And if you don't, then you surround yourself with people who do and speak through them or let them do it. Hopefully he is learning this now.
And that’s exactly what a good CEO will do! As I have said to Ron before make your own life easier Ron get somebody in to do all this and be the face of the club.

This.

Nearly every staff member that was there in 2000 when I had a spell there are still there in promoted positions, supported by the Thai money but more importantly giving professionals the tools to do the job.
Exactly big investment does not have to mean a bad club at heart

And that’s exactly what a good CEO will do! As I have said to Ron before make your own life easier Ron get somebody in to do all this and be the face of the club.
Without handcuffs and freedom to do the job they are taken on to do. !!
Id hate to see a ceo, backroom staff, management appointments made for the sake of ticking the boxes on the 'keep fans onside' sheet of paper, only for rm to not actually allow anything out of his control in reality.
I fear this may already be happening and is being dressed up and paraded as progress.
Keep up the good work but you really will need eyes in the back of your head to not let rm pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

Without handcuffs and freedom to do the job they are taken on to do. !!
Id hate to see a ceo, backroom staff, management appointments made for the sake of ticking the boxes on the 'keep fans onside' sheet of paper, only for rm to not actually allow anything out of his control in reality.
I fear this may already be happening and is being dressed up and paraded as progress.
Keep up the good work but you really will need eyes in the back of your head to not let rm pull the wool over everyone's eyes.
Oh I agree for sure, a CEO needs to be given the leash to do the job and also have the guts and the guile to tell Ron to stay out of things when he’s not helping

Last edited:
With respect, don't forget the free scarves at Wembley, and free coach travel that he sometimes offers (please don't Ron, as it never goes well when you do!).

With respect, don't forget the free scarves at Wembley, and free coach travel that he sometimes offers (please don't Ron, as it never goes well when you do!).
Yeah my point is not the free stuff but the tone and languages used here. Clear simple and not lots of waffle and not sounding like a letter from the Bank

Yeah my point is not the free stuff but the tone and languages used here. Clear simple and not lots of waffle and not sounding like a letter from the Bank

Rons' done these things without the need for anything like that though - I agree that it's a nice touch but it's another example of how he tries to do the right thing but not in the right way.

Dear supporter

I know we have done our best to ruin the worlds most famous domestic trophy over the last 25 years but who cares because we certainly don't.

We have no intention of upping our game because this cup is not the money earner. As you all know the PL and Sky is the only thing that matters. If they don't cover the FA cup its right that they don't even give it a mention.

As for those pointless clubs in the lower league, why should we put out anything like a full team in the early rounds. Some of there fans wont even know we ware in the final until someone posts this letter.

We actually begrudge them the chance to return to days of European cup winning full teams drawing 31,000 to the likes of RH....Those times are long gone. Its super leagues and world league you need to focus on. Otherwise I wont be able to sell on your club for a profit Ron Martin could only dream of.

Anyway here's some pointless s*** to keep you all happy. It will make you feel like a real fan rather than a rinsed mug....Must dash as I have an appointment Gary Linekers tax advisor. After all I don't want you lot getting any bennifits from what you put in.

Foxes. Cunning. Sly. F******. That. S***. On. Your. Door. Step.

Dear supporter

I know we have done our best to ruin the worlds most famous domestic trophy over the last 25 years but who cares because we certainly don't.

We have no intention of upping our game because this cup is not the money earner. As you all know the PL and Sky is the only thing that matters. If they don't cover the FA cup its right that they don't even give it a mention.

As for those pointless clubs in the lower league, why should we put out anything like a full team in the early rounds. Some of there fans wont even know we ware in the final until someone posts this letter.

We actually begrudge them the chance to return to days of European cup winning full teams drawing 31,000 to the likes of RH....Those times are long gone. Its super leagues and world league you need to focus on. Otherwise I wont be able to sell on your club for a profit Ron Martin could only dream of.

Anyway here's some pointless s*** to keep you all happy. It will make you feel like a real fan rather than a rinsed mug....Must dash as I have an appointment Gary Linekers tax advisor. After all I don't want you lot getting any bennifits from what you put in.

Foxes. Cunning. Sly. F******. That. S***. On. Your. Door. Step.
I know some Leicester fans and you’re so far off the mark.

This.

Maybe the greedy 6 could learn a lot from Leicester?

I don't believe in supporting 2nd teams but I definitely admire their connection with the fans, their loyalty to staff and players and that feeling of a well run family club mixing it with the big boys ?

Absolutely. I do too. What Rigsby said could apply to Man United but certainly not to Leicester, or Southampton, or Burnley or several other Premiership clubs.

The devaluing of the FA Cup is the single worst development in English football in my lifetime. It isn't due to Leicester City. The so-called Big Six and the influx of foreign owners whose own domestic cup competitions were minor affairs are to blame with Man U pre-eminent.

Agreed, while not all Thai ownership in the UK has been a total success (Sheff Wed, Reading). The King Power family and also the Oxford owners have done a sound job. The Leicester owners have also been very generous with projects around the local community as well.

Absolutely. I do too. What Rigsby said could apply to Man United but certainly not to Leicester, or Southampton, or Burnley or several other Premiership clubs.

The devaluing of the FA Cup is the single worst development in English football in my lifetime. It isn't due to Leicester City. The so-called Big Six and the influx of foreign owners whose own domestic cup competitions were minor affairs are to blame with Man U pre-eminent.
Agree, I used to look forward to FA cup final day, didnt matter who was there but the whole build up from the hotel, on the coaches, the stupid songs it was the whole day.

I do not think it is the big 6 that ruined it, for me it wa the greed if European football, the fact you have a Champions League with 4 clubs in it (thats hardly the champions), yes generated by bigger clubs here but also in Europe. That meant the would nor prioritise the competition.

Sad but thats the way football has gone, on any. League, in any division in the end it all comes back to money.

I appreciate what TruBlue is saying about the wordings and yes it is clear, it is sentimental and it embraces and makes the fans feel part. The free gifts do not matter at all, but they are far easier to give when our raking in 43 million a season of upfront TV cash, but they are not the point being made. The wording is great and the fans will feel included and hopefully it will make their day special.

Yes that is a great inspiring statement from the son of former owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who was so popular with the Foxes fans, who was tragically killed in that helicopter crash 3 years ago.

Yeah I know a Leicester season ticket holder and what they’ve done for the town and the local community is top notch. It’s a fan base who feel part of the club.

Agreed I know some of their fans too, they absolutely love that family up there, the club does well because the fans have a voice and feel included. Although they are a very big Prem club, the feel around there is more like a small family orientated club, rather than a cash cow!

Back