• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nick Prawnby

First XI
All very good penalties from our boys (apart from Cokes, who I forgive after his brilliant last ditch tackle in extra time)

Sudden death, Barratt, then Weston, then Bolger all smacking them in - poor old Chief Wiggum's face

Agreed - but which penalty was the best?? To be honest hats off to all that stood up and took one but for me Bolger's!!

Barratts was great, shades of Stuart Pearce I thought, But you're right about Bolgers, right in the corner, who'd have thought!

I couldn't watch Bolgers .... But he can take a penalty that's for sure! Amazing (watching the replay of it lol) all very good his was class.....

No keeper in the world would or saved Bolger's, best pen of the lot in my opinion. I only hope that Bolger didn't hear the collective groans when he stepped up.

I can easily imagine AB shouting 'ave it!' as the ball left his foot and rifled into the net. Yes Bolger had a cracker but in all I think they were an excellent set of penalties. Well done the lads on such a big stage.

When you look at how many pens were taken, and by both teams mind, I thought they were great and a damn good advert for league 2.
UTB

Quality penalties. Wycombe were all decent as well to be fair, thankfully Dan is a very decent penalty stopper!

Bolger mentioned after the game that he had been scuffing penalties all week in training.

superb penalties by everyone, really well done to them all. i said that in the end the pressure told but that's not right, Bentley actually made a superb save so actually talking about pressure doesn't give enough credit to taker and keeper

Back