• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommytwoholes

Is it me or is this season building to a really exciting climax? I mean we can only finish midtable ,but i havent been this happy watching blues for ages. Tilly and Brushy have done a fantastic job and Ron Martin should be signing them as soon as is possible. And the atmosphere has been better this season than it has been for years (since the northbank). I really am optimistic that providing the board sort appointments and contracts out and give tilly some money to bring in who he wants. Lets really get behind Tilly and the boiys against hull and bring back the roots hall roar!!

(ps) For those people who voted against Tilly for manager. What more do you want???????? What more could ha have done????????????????

Agreed, going to bust a gut getting back to Yeovil and Torquay (unfortunately, Hull and Rochdale are not possible). Game against Darlo made me the happiest I've been following a game at the Hall since, oh yeah, Col U.

(However before that, it was a long, LONG, time ago!)

(ps) For those people who voted against Tilly for manager. What more do you want What more could ha have done

In all fairness Tilly hasn't resurrected the road map for peace in Palestine and he hasn't solved world poverty or starvation. Also he could've done more to promote world peace and fair trade between the industrialised nations and the third world. Apart from that the boy's done good!  

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ April 19 2004,12:53)](ps) For those people who voted against Tilly for manager. What more do you want?? What more could ha have done??
I can understand the concern people have had when you look at the track record of Whelan, Martin, Newman.

I think the simple answer is that the Board have tried managerial youngsters, those with experience and has beens so I can (for once) understand them waiting.

Now that we are just about safe and looking in the cold light of day is there any immediate urgency to appoint them ? The only reason I can think of is that it may help in player contract negotiations to know that the board have faith in the managers.

My main worries about appointing anyone other than Tilly/Brush are:

**Tilly may get lured by another job and no longer remain as coach (although, judging by his loyalty, probably not)
**The new manager would be forever trying to live up to the reputation that Tilson seems to be building and the pressure to appoint Tilson will mount anyway.
**Key players leave because they enjoyed their working relationship with the current management.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ April 19 2004,13:05)]In all fairness Tilly hasn't resurrected the road map for peace in Palestine and he hasn't solved world poverty or starvation. Also he could've done more to promote world peace and fair trade between the industrialised nations and the third world. Apart from that the boy's done good!  
Oh, come on, be serious. He has done nothing, and I mean nothing about hunting down Osama Bin Laden. Until he even makes an effort I don't want him as manager.

And what was his contribution at the Battle of Banockburn? Still lacking in several departments as far as im concerned.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ April 19 2004,15:08)]And what was his contribution at the Battle of Banockburn? Still lacking in several departments as far as im concerned.
Is that when we played Bannockburn United in the Anglo-Scottish Cup all those years ago ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 19 2004,16:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ April 19 2004,13:05)]In all fairness Tilly hasn't resurrected the road map for peace in Palestine and he hasn't solved world poverty or starvation. Also he could've done more to promote world peace and fair trade between the industrialised nations and the third world. Apart from that the boy's done good!
Oh, come on, be serious. He has done nothing, and I mean nothing about hunting down Osama Bin Laden. Until he even makes an effort I don't want him as manager.
This just goes to show how ill informed you really are. I have been told, by a very reliable fly on the wall, that Tilly and brush are actually sleeper agents for the CIA and were 'activated' last October.

That is why, until Osama has been tracked down, Tilly / Brush cannot be signed to longer term deals. Think about it. It's obvious.

Also, Tilly's 'scouting network' is a cover. If I tell you that they're not actually scouting football players in the middle east, can you work out what they're doing?

Honestly... Tilly is doing a fine job in the war aganist terrorism.

Back