• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

KrustyTheKray

President
Anyone else feel the close season has just flown by!

Here we are again, 46 league matches ahead of us.  Seems like only yesterday we was getting ready for the nail biter that was Bristol City at home and the Goats final game.

Everyone else ready for the rollercoaster ride that is following the club we love so much???

I just feel that this season will be another success, even if we finish in 12th place, thats a massive success to the small size of our club.  How did everyone feel away at Nottingham Forest, on the other end of a convincing defeat?  

That cold day their support was loud, superb, and they really got behind their team.  I'm not saying we didn't get behind the mighty Blues, we did and in massive numbers.  But after that game i really thought we didn't have it in us to go up.  The rest they say is history!

Just look at both clubs now.  Its just shows what massive strides Tilly/Brushy/and Uncle Ron have made.

We have made exciting signings, and have got a good pre season under our belt.  I think we will shock teams this season, just like we did when we were last in this league.

So come 3pm today, be loud and be proud!  Lets make Roots Hall the fortress again and make as much noise as bloody possible!

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!!!

UP THE BLUES!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 05 2006,08:28)]Anyone else feel the close season has just flown by!
yup

but then I feel we hardly had a break cos of the World Cup being on

plus the players trained in Bermuda for a week and were back a week earlier than most Championship clubs, so the summer seemed a lot shorter than usual

Well, barring Ricketts injury we could not be in a better prepared shape.

100% pre-season record (for the 1st team!), no other injuries, JCR back, 5 excellent new signings, tremendous ambition from the chairman and manager and Eastwood starts at number 10!!!

I think what is weird is even if we lose today, as long as we put in a good shift, I dont think anybody will be too overly concerned. We lost our opening games 2 years running at home and look what happened!

Just think as well, after 5pm today, when all the dust has settled and the points are calculated.... its only 3 days to Palace!!!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 05 2006,08:28)]even if we finish in 12th place
12th place is the upper end of my expectations, not an "even if"!

11th-12th for a good season, 21st and above for a thoroughly acceptable season!

Yes, and a week today an attractive looking away day to Loftus Road!

4-0 to the super blues!!!! DROOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 05 2006,08:36)]Yes, and a week today an attractive looking away day to Loftus Road!

4-0 to the super blues!!!!  DROOOOOOOOOOOOO!
laugh.gif

Stephen CLARK!

apart from his home debut against Plymouth, probably his best game in an SUFC shirt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 05 2006,08:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 05 2006,08:36)]Yes, and a week today an attractive looking away day to Loftus Road!

4-0 to the super blues!!!!  DROOOOOOOOOOOOO!
laugh.gif

Stephen CLARK!

apart from his home debut against Plymouth, probably his best game in an SUFC shirt
Yup, what a goal he scored that night!!!

To sit in the east stand blue seats that night so near to the QPR fans was priceless!!

DROOOOOOOO just took Rangers to pieces!!!

Back