• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
PETERBOROUGH United manager Graham Westley has blamed the club’s stewards for Chris Forrester’s late penalty miss against the Shrimpers.
Forrester’s spot-kick was saved by Blues goalkeeper Daniel Bentley at London Road on Saturday.

But Westley felt the position of the stewards did not help the Posh midfielder.

“There is a video clip of four stewards behind the goal as Chris prepares to take the kick,” said Westley.

“Their coats were exactly the same colour as the Southend goalkeeper so it made him look even bigger than he actually was!
“These things happen, but we probably didn’t deserve to win anyway.”

LOL.

It's as good as the one where the Rochdale mascot was on the far side of the ground, off the pitch and wearing a Rochdale shirt and the lino on the near side thought he was a player.

The mascot played everyone on-side, resulting in a goal!

Who knows? Main thing is we set the sidevup to do a specific, necessary job after the previous three defeats and it did it well. The penalty, if converted, would have been a smack in the teeth. Besides, however big the taker thought the keeper was, it does not explain why he kicked it like a schoolgirl.��

A pathetic & derisory quote from Westley, I think he's been on the bitter lemon..

Poor old Westley .Didn't like him as manager of his last club .And he has made himself look a bigger tart than I thought he was .If his penalty taker thought dan was that big .Maybe he should go to spec savers . And Westley need to see a brain surgeon .Because clearly he talks out of his ar..se

I like Ainsworth to be honest. Done a great job at Wycombe. He is passionate, connects with his fans and likes his rock&roll. More likeable than many other managers. I've always had respect for him ever since the time we played them last game of the season in Sturrocks first season. Wycombe got promoted that day and he came over to us and applauded our support. All his teammates rightly ran away celebrating but Ainsworth came straight to us. Old pro.

I like Ainsworth too, not sure why some hate him. Evans I think we can all agree is detestable, Westley I don't like but to be fair he did admit they didn't deserve to win anyway so give him some credit for that.

I like Ainsworth to be honest. Done a great job at Wycombe. He is passionate, connects with his fans and likes his rock&roll. More likeable than many other managers. I've always had respect for him ever since the time we played them last game of the season in Sturrocks first season. Wycombe got promoted that day and he came over to us and applauded our support. All his teammates rightly ran away celebrating but Ainsworth came straight to us. Old pro.

If Phil Brown moves on at some point in the future, I think our Chairman should try and secure the services of Gareth Ainsworth. His achievement at Wycombe is all the greater because it has been done on a rather small budget.

I like Ainsworth too, not sure why some hate him. Evans I think we can all agree is detestable, Westley I don't like but to be fair he did admit they didn't deserve to win anyway so give him some credit for that.

A little known fact about GA is that he played in the England team that won the veterans World Cup a few years back. He obviously still has a passion for the game as a player as well as a manager.

In case anyone is interested, we beat Scotland in the final. There was also a guy from Southend in the team, someone I went to junior school with.

Facebook Page

You can even hear GA singing with the squad here:

[video=youtube;ec9GA6HOlas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec9GA6HOlas[/video]

You'll also notice an ex-Southend United player in the team!

Last edited:
Kind of agree, how ever I feel you wont be in the majority on here, he is hardly ever been flavour of the month with most posters on shrimperzone.

I believe Gareth Ainsworth is a decent bloke, I changed my opinion of him when he stood shoulder to shoulder with PB in the play-off penalty shoot out, and thought he was very gracious in defeat… WHEN WE WON !! Ha haa !!

On the other hand, Graham Westley is a complete ****, his bullyboy tactics against us as Stevenage manager were deplorable !

On the other hand, Graham Westley is a complete ****, his bullyboy tactics against us as Stevenage manager were deplorable !

Completely agree with this. I remember when we played one of his teams at Roots Hall, think it was Stevenage. And Sean Clohessy got kung fu kicked in the head. Westley didn't even think it was a foul!

Back