• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
In all the excitement of the JPT dates and the Brentford replay, we seem to have forgotten that theirs an important league match against a fellow promotion-chasing team (1 point and 1 place above us) tomorrow.

The good news is that Jamie Cureton is suspended for them tomorrow (he always seems to score against us!) but the bad news is it doesn't sound like Britt will be fit. However Corr should be fired up against his former side, especially after scoring 4 goals in his last two matches. I expect us to start with Smith in goal as the hatchet seems well and truly buried by the management and his fellow players, even though Chris Phillips quick straw-poll on twitter yesterday seems to suggest over 60% of blues fans (who expressed a preference) would prefer his younger understudy to be between the sticks. Hopefully the Smith boo-boys amongst the travelling army will be equally as forgiving as Luggy, although I somewhat doubt it.

I expect us to line up as follows:

---------------Smith----------------------

Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Barker

Hurst Laird Woodyard Timlin

-------------Tomlin Corr ---------------

Subs: Bentley, Straker, Prosser, Spicer, Martin, Benyon, Eastwood

Predicted score: 1-2 (Tomlin, Phillips)

Corr
Corr - Corr - Corr - Corr
Corr - Corr - Corr - Corr
Corr - Corr

Bench: Corr - Corr - Corr - Corr - Corr - Corr - Corr

Final score: 3-0 to us, Corr, Corr and Corr​

In all the excitement of the JPT dates and the Brentford replay, we seem to have forgotten that theirs an important league match against a fellow promotion-chasing team (1 point and 1 place above us) tomorrow.

The good news is that Jamie Cureton is suspended for them tomorrow (he always seems to score against us!) but the bad news is it doesn't sound like Britt will be fit. However Corr should be fired up against his former side, especially after scoring 4 goals in his last two matches. I expect us to start with Smith in goal as the hatchet seems well and truly buried by the management and his fellow players, even though Chris Phillips quick straw-poll on twitter yesterday seems to suggest over 60% of blues fans (who expressed a preference) would prefer his younger understudy to be between the sticks. Hopefully the Smith boo-boys amongst the travelling army will be equally as forgiving as Luggy, although I somewhat doubt it.

I expect us to line up as follows:

---------------Smith----------------------

Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Barker

Hurst Laird Woodyard Timlin

-------------Tomlin Corr ---------------

Subs: Bentley, Straker, Prosser, Spicer, Martin, Benyon, Eastwood

Predicted score: 1-2 (Tomlin, Phillips)

Yes I agree with your predicted starting line up.
Just think that Prosser is a little bit hard done by.
After playing really well at CB , moved to LB to give Barker a breather.
Reportedly didn't have his best game and now on the bench.

Yes I agree with your predicted starting line up.
Just think that Prosser is a little bit hard done by.
After playing really well at CB , moved to LB to give Barker a breather.
Reportedly didn't have his best game and now on the bench.

Yeah would agree with both of you - I for one will not be barracking Smith (or any other Blue no matter my point of view on their abilities).

Team for saturday?

what we thinkin folks. big game. 2 - 1 win me thinks

FFS! 1-0 Exeter, Baldwin. It had to be him, didn't it. :'(:thumbdown:

i dont want to tempt fate but with jame curaton out who has scored i think 15 out of their 39 goals and mixed with their horrific home record and our clear confidance away from home, i would hope we can win this. im going for a 4-1 win tomlin double, corr and barker.

Tough game. Iwill be happy with a draw, and thats what, imo it will be, maybe even 0 0.

smith
clohessy
cresswell
phillips
barker
hurst
laird
woodyard
timlin
tomlin
corr

This is our most important match this month. It won't be easy, but the weather forecast for Exeter tomorrow is rain, rain, rain so a waterlogged pitch may cause some defensive errors. I can see this being 3-3.......

This is our most important match this month. It won't be easy, but the weather forecast for Exeter tomorrow is rain, rain, rain so a waterlogged pitch may cause some defensive errors. I can see this being 3-3.......
I have just been watching Wolves and Blackburn on Sky. We are far more entertaining to watch and I am more than happy to accept the odd error .

saw the pitch today and looked fine although its been chucking it down here this evening

Looking forward to my first visit to St James Park tomorrow. Believe we can sneak the win 2-1 if we can start on the front foot and prey on their fragile home form.

Smith
Phillips Cresswell Prosser
Clohessy Hurst Laird Timlin Straker
Corr Tomlin

subs Bentley, Barker, Leonard, Woodyard, Martin, Benyon & Harris

Smith in goal for me, Prosser edges out Barker on height with three centre halves and fresher. Wing backs worked well second half Tuesday. No point risking half fit players with so many games coming up, so Harris to make his return as a sub and maybe needed if BBBC starts blowing.

. I expect us to start with Smith in goal as the hatchet seems well and truly buried by the management and his fellow players, even though Chris Phillips quick straw-poll on twitter yesterday seems to suggest over 60% of blues fans (who expressed a preference) would prefer his younger understudy to be between the sticks. Hopefully the Smith boo-boys amongst the travelling army will be equally as forgiving as Luggy, although I somewhat doubt it.
)
How many people did this quick straw poll on Twitter consist of showing 60% wanted Bentley to start? The poll started on this site on 9 January had 158 replies that showed 65% wanted Smith to start. Why was this poll ignored and the other smaller (?) poll reported in the Echo? has CP got an agenda? I'm confused?

Jeez..... it's been raining all day here in Exeter. Fingers crossed the match goes ahead; I've travelled a long way....

Rain has now stopped, sitting in the Well House Tavern on the cathedral square with a pint of bitter and a steak sandwich. Well up for this. Come on Blues!

Big test today, with all the cup games coming up will be interesting to see if keep our eye on the big prize geting out of this division.

I recon a scrappy 2-1 win to us Corr and a late Eastwood winner!!

Up The Blues

Back