• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Exeter City: Saturday 13th March

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
So with Brushy gone (thanks for all the good times Paul, and good luck with your future) what can we expect on Saturday ??

Word has it that Brush used to do the bulk of the coaching while Tilly was the man-manager of the duo, now i'd presume with no veteren in the ranks (ie a Sodje, Prior or Freedman) Tilly will be doing everything this week, how will he try to shake things up to enable us to get the win we so desperately crave AND NEED ??

Thoughts ??

No Paul Brush along with no midfield along with no clean sheet along with a win as Exeter are bloody awful.
Would imagine a few coming up for the game from Exeter.

Will be an awful game, separated by a piece of luck or a crap ref.

Perversely, I think we are going to win on Saturday and put in a gutsy performance doing so. I really hope Granty is fit to give us some defensive nous in the middle but either way I think it will be a blood-and-thunder scrap. I need this result to take Exeter down with us ... and won't rest till all three Devonian teams are in the same Division as us. Come on, you Blues! :clap:

Positive thinking.

2-0 to the mighty Shrimpers.

Brushy going is not great but we'll see how the players react on Saturday. This could be a very long week. I have concerns, really grave concerns, that Tilly may jack it in.

I have never thought he was a quitter and dont now either. Just not sure about Ron at the moment.

Tilly will need someone he can trust, and that wont stab him in the back. New people coming in often do so in the knowledge that htey really want the top job and are just biding their time for a bit. Brushy was not like that.

I hope we absolutely NAIL Execer on Saturday. We all need to get behind Tilly big time this weekend.

Anyone know if Macca has put anything on Facebook yet? :D

So with Brushy gone (thanks for all the good times Paul, and good luck with your future) what can we expect on Saturday ??

Word has it that Brush used to do the bulk of the coaching while Tilly was the man-manager of the duo, now i'd presume with no veteren in the ranks (ie a Sodje, Prior or Freedman) Tilly will be doing everything this week, how will he try to shake things up to enable us to get the win we so desperately crave AND NEED ??

Thoughts ??
Nail and head!

Must must must must must must must must win game...........

1-0 win to southend, OG by a exeter player. :sherlock:

Can only see an Exeter win, with the midfield we will put out, and Mvoto struggling at the centre of defence. I hope im wrong but think it could be as much as 3 0 exeter.

Can only see an Exeter win, with the midfield we will put out, and Mvoto struggling at the centre of defence. I hope im wrong but think it could be as much as 3 0 exeter.

Booo ... I picture you with unparallelled joy on your face come five to five on Saturday, Turkish, with a little tugging feeling in the back of your mind thinking "hope no-one remembers what I put on the pre-match thread earlier this week." :)

Quite honestly, I haven't the faintest idea what is going to happen on Saturday. I do remember that some time back there was a post, following some event or defeat, or after having let in yet another goal, that suggested that things 'surely can't get worse.' Thought that it was tempting fate to make such a comment and stated as such......................things certainly have got worse!
Was fortunately working all weekend, so didn't have the pleasure of hearing the commentary. I haven't joined in any of the desperate posting post Hartlepool because I don't know the real truth of what's going on and I really haven't got anything to say.
I just sit here, transfixed by the horror story that is unfolding before us, my only sentiment being, that all this turmoil is unlikely to help the battles we face on the pitch.
It's seems rather akin to being in the Blitz. (my apologies for the comparison, to all of those a bit older than myself, that had the misfortune to live through it) The bombs are dropping all around us, causing damage and you are left sitting there, in a state of shock, praying that there won't be a direct hit.
I shall be there, in front of my computer on Saturday, wearing my scarf. I don't possess a tin hat but perhaps the colonial helmet I bought a couple of weeks ago, could come in useful. I shall be praying for the best whilst at the same time, preparing myself for the worst...............that, unfortunately, appears to be what supporting the Blues is like at present.

This week has probably summed up the craziness of the last 18 months or so, and all the different stories and rumours during that period of time have been unsettling and have clearly had a detrimental effect on the team, the club and us supporters.

Todays appointment has to be viewed as positive, regardless of whether we agree with either Rons decision to get rid of Brushy or the way he dealt with it, as having Webby in is much better than having Tilly on his own. its clear RM is trying to win us over with this appointment, thinking we're all going to forget all the other lies and mistakes that have clearly been made with the running of our club.

The only one constant thing in the last 18 months is us - the supporters and we are the real people keeping this club going. we must do everything we can to make sure the players know that we appreciate them, that we appreciate the fact that they continue to fight for this club - the club that treats them so poorly and pays them every now and again.

we can make a big difference, especially in the next 2 weeks with all the home games coming up. lets do all we can, flags and scarves, continual singing etc so that the players know that they can rely on us to back them no matter what, as long as they continue to show passion and commitment for OUR club.

lets save the protesting for the car park afterwards and focus on the most important thing, 3 points this weekend!

up the blues!

Back