• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Exeter City v Southend United, Saturday 17th April 12.30pm, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 49 79.0%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 49 79.0%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • John White

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Brandon Goodship

• Emile Acquah

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Greg Halford

• Matt Rush

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Win

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Lose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
This was an away fixture I was really hoping to get to this season, via a West Coast buffet car train from Paddington.

And now this becomes the newest most important fixture in this millennium for the survival Hope's of OUR club.

Mr Brown will have had a few days training and a lot of thinking and planning time for this.

After yesterday's ineffectual, powder puff performance what would I go with! And as I believe PB knows it is Sh## or Bust time and a draw is almost as bad as a loss what to do?

Ox, (incidentally imo much improved since his injury)

Elvis, Dieng, Hobson, Clifford

JD, Fergie, Oli, Hart

Holmes

Akinola or Rush

Macca to come on for JD as soon as required. ANG or RHF for Oli maybe if they have shown desire.

I'd rather not see JD anywhere near the starting XI. He brings nothing to the midfield. The game passes him by. You see him running about alot but that is all. He hasn't got the defensive or offensive qualities that we need a central midfielder to have at this current moment. If it wasn't for Dieng being injured I'd play him in that central role and play 2 strikers. I suppose our only options are a fit again McCormack , Taylor or Mellis to play with Ferguson.

Foolishly thinking we could get a positive result out of this one purely because of our decent away record recently. I’m expecting to see a different setup from PB after a full weeks worth of training with the team. I don’t expect to see us go all out attack, unless of course chasing the game towards the end of the game. I think we’ll see a 4-5-1, pack the midfield.. make it hard for them and try and nick a goal on the break. It won’t be pretty but it’s been effective over the last couple of away trips.

Oxley
Elvis - Hobson - Cordner - Clifford
ANG - JD - Fergie - Dieng - Holmes
Acquah​

I’m expecting to see a different setup from PB after a full weeks worth of training with the team. I don’t expect to see us go all out attack, unless of course chasing the game towards the end of the game. I think we’ll see a 4-5-1, pack the midfield.. make it hard for them and try and nick a goal on the break. It won’t be pretty but it’s been effective over the last couple of away trips.

Oxley
Elvis - Hobson - Cordner - Clifford
ANG - JD - Fergie - Dieng - Holmes
Acquah​

So the same tactic as MM used then......?

I'd rather not see JD anywhere near the starting XI. He brings nothing to the midfield. The game passes him by. You see him running about alot but that is all. He hasn't got the defensive or offensive qualities that we need a central midfielder to have at this current moment. If it wasn't for Dieng being injured I'd play him in that central role and play 2 strikers. I suppose our only options are a fit again McCormack , Taylor or Mellis to play with Ferguson.

Could be a bit tricky as PB :Worthy: made him captain last Sat

Hope we can afford an overnight stay, then. Otherwise, that's an early start.

would’ve thought the team would do that anyway. It’s a vital game so being fully rested could make a difference against a side that are likely to keep possession for long periods.

Back