• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
So, it's time to move on to the next bundle of fun in this season's promotion stakes.

Provided White is fit I'm going for Corr being re-instated along side Cassidy, other than that no change to last night's starting eleven. I did wonder about Lenny in for Deegan, but it would be very harsh after his latest performance and I think we may need Mr Deegan to do an enforcer's role as the away team.

It's certainly not boring at the moment is it?? COYB

Poor old Exeter will be shell-shocked after last night's gut wrenching loss to Wycombe, hopefully we'll be able to blow them away. Never easy at St James Park though......

Ah, the memories.

Adam Locke sprinting towards us from the halfway line before firing that all important second goal.

Cue : Min-invasion of Southend fans into the goalmouth to celebrate!

Not sure about this one, depends if White is fit, if not then Leonard in for him. Tough choice up front as Piggott and Cassidy ran Newport ragged on Tuesday, and we are less mobile up front with Corr, but you can't ignore Corr's recent goal scoring run, and also he would hold the ball up better, which should help being away from home?

Other than that, same team.

Ok, a tad clumsy on my part......however, the case for the defence is that the thread is on Page 2 of SZ......Note to self, be more diligent in future :blush:

Sod the threads about brown to Portsmouth, surely this match should be at the forefront of our minds! Can't believe it has less posts.
Injuries permitting, same team, if White is still injured, Lenny back to his old right back berth.

Safe journey to all travelling, can't make this one but I'm sure you will all get behind the team and bring home 3points, going for a 2-0 win.

Same team that started on Tuesday for me, injuries permitting. McLaughlin looked to be limping heavily at the end, and we know JW went off injured, so hopefully both are recovered.

Looking forward to this one as one of the few away days I've been able to do this season.

Leonard for White if JW isn't fit, and I'd be tempted to go for Corr instead of Piggott but I wasn't there on Tuesday and Piggott and Cassidy seem to have been very effective together. It'll be a big game against an in form and strong side but hopefully we can show what has given us the points difference over the teams slightly below us and come away with three points, preferably with Bury and Wycombe slipping up elsewhere!

Lovely town, some very nice people, usually a good pitch, Steve Perryman. That is all the positves about them and this afternoon their team is going to get a "hell of a beating" from The Mighty Shrimpers.

Same team [injuries aside] to start, early ish subs with Barry and Wozza coming on to get some game time as we have made it to 2 nil up.

Oddity of the day will be Phil being sent to the stands for throwing down a water bottle which bounced and soaked the 4th numptey.

3401 crowd, 301 Shrimpers.

On my way to Exeter - a beautiful city indeed, and a great traditional football stadium in the heart of its community rather than some concrete monstrosity on a retail park (you know who I'm talking about, Morecambe.....). Generous, liberal (small l) minded people too. Let's hope their team is as generous to us as they were to Wycombe - all penalties for the Shrimpers are welcome at whatever time during the match.

Exeter need to win to keep any hope of play off spot alive.This is good for Southend and for what could be a great game. We know we too have to win so I expect a very attacking open game that could be high scoring. So I predict southend win 3-2 with the pig coming on to score in 90th minute.

Back