• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
I'll be making the trip to the other St James' Park on Saturday to see the mighty Blues and will also look forward to catching up with my old mate Shrimpero.

I've seen elsewhere somewhere a post about someone standing with him at Exeter so maybe if others know him I'll get to meet a few other zoners too.

Looking forward to it, especially after last nights result.

I'll be there for this one, looking forward to it after last nights result!

anyone got any info on pre-match pubs?

I'm meeting Shrimpero at about 1 I think in the Great Western - a beer paradise apparently!

I'll be there for this one, looking forward to it after last nights result!

anyone got any info on pre-match pubs?

Try the Old Firehouse (decent, cheap food and beers) or the Wellhouse Tavern as well in the town centre. I was at Exeter Uni and they were two of my regular pubs.

Try the Old Firehouse (decent, cheap food and beers) or the Wellhouse Tavern as well in the town centre. I was at Exeter Uni and they were two of my regular pubs.

Agreed; both those pubs are excellent, tough choice.

The Old Firehouse wins on points, wonderfully old-fashioned, definitely worth a visit if you can make it and certainly helped the awful game that followed pass more easily!

Great town and really looking forward to the match, have been away more than Roots Hall this season and it's been fantastic to see the lads picking up the points and, on the whole, playing really well as a team.

Superb support from the travelling faithful as well.

Last edited:
Me and the Mrs will be going, meeting a mate in the Wetherspoons at about 12, then on to the game - we'll be in the standing bit of the ground I think, but will pick tickets up on the day.

Never been to the ground before, hoping everything will be well sign posted after 2 hours in the pub!

Anyone know a pub around the ground that does good ale and has a telly for the early kick off?

Good effort all those going to Exeter on Sat. Can't make it what with going last night and the cup replay next week. Players really seemed to appreciate the support last night. Bit hard to make any sort of noise at Exeter but I'm sure all going will do their best.

Sounds like a couple of options then, i'll be arriving by train into Exeter Central/St Davids about 11:30ish so will have time for both & not getting the last train back till about 11pm so will be paying visit to a few more pubs post match.....hopefully celebrating another 3 points.

Both good as is the Imperial (JDW) - but the Great Western wins it for me - especially as I am coming by train.

Me and the Mrs will be going, meeting a mate in the Wetherspoons at about 12, then on to the game - we'll be in the standing bit of the ground I think, but will pick tickets up on the day.

Never been to the ground before, hoping everything will be well sign posted after 2 hours in the pub!

Never seen any sign posts - but thats probably `cos I know the way - BTW which Wetherspoons are you going too - more than one in Exeter

Just a little heads up.

There is the "potential" for some snow on Saturday. Probably less likely in the South West but it cannot be ruled out at this stage...

It's Exeter, I think that have a really good clubhouse and make us very welcome, also Sky before the match. Plus I think it's them that have the Domino pizza delivery service during the match!

I'll be making the trip to the other St James' Park on Saturday to see the mighty Blues and will also look forward to catching up with my old mate Shrimpero.

I've seen elsewhere somewhere a post about someone standing with him at Exeter so maybe if others know him I'll get to meet a few other zoners too.

Looking forward to it, especially after last nights result.

Is this your first train trip to a game since the seventies, mate? Me and Richie C will be in there by the time you get there - it worked at Torquay.

It's Exeter, I think that have a really good clubhouse and make us very welcome, also Sky before the match. Plus I think it's them that have the Domino pizza delivery service during the match!

Correctamundo Kay - hey, that was the game BBBC saw red for clattering Macca. And when that waste of space Jabo Ibehre missed those sitters.

Back