• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Exile in Devon looking for others.

Hi Sammy - there's a few of us down in Cornwall. I also know of another Shrimper in Sherborne.

I’m in a sleepy Village between Torquay and Teignmouth if you know the area, just wondering if anyone travels up to games home or away?

I’m in a sleepy Village between Torquay and Teignmouth if you know the area, just wondering if anyone travels up to games home or away?
I do know the area - I've stayed in Teignmouth and TQ, the latter several times - and yes, the 'Kernow Blues' do travel to games, probably more away, and I've seen Sherborne Shrimper at a few games too. I don't make many a season - just TQ, Notts County, Aldershot and Dover (all away) thus far, but I'm looking forward to a trip to Stockport (away) and our last home game of the season at home (v TQ).

Last edited:
I have only been there the once for Glow. I haven't discovered the cider yet though as most of my time here has been in lockdown as I moved here a week before the first one.

Lovely area is North Devon. Always look forward to our trips down, which are quite frequent.

Brendon Foy owns The George at Hatherleigh and is long time exiled Shrimper, if that is near any of you Devonians I recommend it.
A very good pub and BJ does a top Guinness pint.

Thanks for that, MG. It’s only a 19 mile drive South of where we stay so may drop by there later in the month. Always good to try out a new pub.

Thanks for that, MG. It’s only a 19 mile drive South of where we stay so may drop by there later in the month. Always good to try out a new pub.
Brendon ran the Brocker in Leigh for many years, a regular Catholic United local player in 70s. He has been out of Essex for maybe 20 years but still a Shrimper.

Back