• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Exiles and those that live abroad.

How’s the balut? My favourite country and people in the world bar none.

I actually love balut and fridge is always stocked with Red Horse.

I’m more of a Palawan fan than Mindanao
sorry i dont like Balut or dorian ,palawan is nice but i was meant to go to Panglao tomorrow but the restrictions have stopped me ,thats Bohol

How’s the balut? My favourite country and people in the world bar none.

I actually love balut and fridge is always stocked with Red Horse.

I’m more of a Palawan fan than Mindanao
also a liquor ban here and i do enjoy a bottle or 3 of red horse

Because that's where I was born and raised Stan. University and career took me all over the country. Retirement took me to the Lake District. But Southend United are my team, always were, always will be. Used to visit Southend regularly while my mother was still alive and time my visits to take in a match at Roots Hall but she died 10 years ago so I rarely visit now. Attend as many away matches as possible within range though. L1 and L2 were both good with lots of northern sides, but the NL isn't so good with nothing north of Altrincham. I'll have to travel further afield it seems.....

When I was at primary school (Hawkwell Holt as was) I can remember playing an away game at Barling Magna Primary - I don’t know if my memory is playing up but I seem to have some vague recollection that their goalposts were not in proportion? This would have been around 1961/1962.

I also seem to remember them having a bit of a star player.

I am now just outside Rye in Sussex - speedy train journey back to Southend.

Got there via Palmers Green, Leighton Buzzard (LBBlue- thought about being MKShrimper but someone beat me to it) and Buckingham. Have traveled many a mile getting to Roots Hall over the years.

When I was at primary school (Hawkwell Holt as was) I can remember playing an away game at Barling Magna Primary - I don’t know if my memory is playing up but I seem to have some vague recollection that their goalposts were not in proportion? This would have been around 1961/1962.

I also seem to remember them having a bit of a star player.

The football pitch was always a bit rough at Barling Magna Primary. It wasn't surprising really because a German bomber dropped a bomb on it on 14 August 1943 creating a crater 20 feet deep and 50 feet in diameter. Buildings were damaged, the worst affected being the air raid shelter (!). Just as well it was during the summer holidays.....

The football pitch was always a bit rough at Barling Magna Primary. It wasn't surprising really because a German bomber dropped a bomb on it on 14 August 1943 creating a crater 20 feet deep and 50 feet in diameter. Buildings were damaged, the worst affected being the air raid shelter (!). Just as well it was during the summer holidays.....
I don’t remember a problem with the goalposts !
Was Learmond the head when u were there ?

A doodle bug dropped a about a 1000metres behind the school in the 2nd world war ,the crater is still there by the windmill ,its filled with water and a nice big pond

Back