• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Expectations for next season...

What are your expectations for next season

• New stadium underway andin the promotion picture to league 1

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • No new stadium under way and finish mid table

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • No New stadium and a struggle to stay in league 2

Votes: 60 46.2%
  • No new stadium and financial and league oblivion

Votes: 20 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
With a distinct lack of any transfers albiet early days and warning signs that we could be in for a very long summer what are your expectations for the season ahead?

Far too early to say. Never known a preseason with so much up in the air... Will the club even make it to the first fixture? Think there are more twists to come yet.

We also don't know for sure if our 'best' (ahem) players will be here either or who will replace them.

At the moment, I see a season if great struggle on and off the pitch and if we retain league status it will be a plus.

I think it's early days tbh, would be saying push for the play-offs, but not entirely sure that we will have a team that can push for the play-offs at the moment. Also, is Ron going to deliver his promise of work starting on the stadium this Summer?
So for me, I voted Mid-Table, but I want to be proved wrong, and push for the play-offs, but personally, I feel that mid-table is a realistic aim for us considering our current position.

It's all very worrying that we are still not paying staff --- especially as the income in the summer ceases apart from any late-paying season tickets. That will entice new players-not !

I can't see anything but gloom without RM getting a massive pile of dosh just to keep the club going.

I'd hope and expect that Ron keeps his word and the work on the stadium begins. However, I still think we're going to struggle. Early days in terms of the assessment of the team and a far more fairer, accurate and reasonable judgement can only be made after the summer.

at least he still belives that as a club we can still put it together than being a miserable moaning minny with another one of your pointless post

You just hate the truth, get real!

it all depends on signings. i fully expect that once we get one in that more will follow. i just hope we do it sooner rather than late. get an experienced assistant manager in and let everyone gel and get a good injury free pre-season.

but thats it an ideal world. i think its realistically its going to be a case of getting what players are left. and because of the non payment issues it will put a lot of players off. my biggest fear is not getting an assistant manager in and getting signings literally in the week before the start of the season. i really hope it doesn't happen but i think its a possibility. unfortunately our name out there with agents and players i think is not a good one.

You just hate the truth, get real!

you can spout all the **** you like and your pointless post thats why we have a message board - get a bloody life

but i belive that the tide will turn for this club and its supporters and the stadium will start in the summer, i did not think i would be around after my
short spell in hospital last year with a mild heart attack to watch the blues
again - but i have another chance and i belive we will survive

I would like to be optimitic, but really cant see anything to be optimistic about. Other than a few most of our players are not very good, we dont seem to have any money to get players in that are, we cant seem to even pay the players we have on time. Hopfully things will improve, but i really dont see how. bottom six.

Back