• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Expectations for Scunthorpe

At Scunny we will...

• Total voters
With all the slagging off they got it wasn't a good performance last weekend, so on that point it won't be stringing together consecutive good performances. Must be a win then.

This just echoes the chasm in expectations. I thought it was a decent performance on Saturday against a team chasing the playoffs and with a fervent sellout crowd behind them. If Cox scores that goal with two minutes left, everyone's saying what a brilliant result it is (and what an inspired sub to bring on Demetriou, who set up the chance). People were upset by the manner of the ultra-late goal.

Still, this thread is about tonight. I think it will depend on whether the players who played Saturday are fit enough to play tonight. We urgently need some consistency of formation/line-up - we just haven't been able to have that all season.

I think we will score tonight , so its a case of how well we can defend , generally this season we have been p1ss poor at keeping clean sheets , its impossible for any team to keep outscoring teams due to poor defending . Our shape was ok for the first goal at Blackpool but we didn't deal with a long ball and then we didn't pick up the second phase of play , this resulted in 2 players diving in .....these are basic things that can be worked on .

the second goal we had decent back line across our penalty spot but Moore'sbody shape was wrong which meant he couldn't adjust when heading the ball and it nestled lovely in our net.

im gonna go for a 1-1 draw

I have never been to Scunthorpe but I expect it is the place where surprising young people sport moustaches.

So nervous about this game as I feel it’s absolutely pivotal. Really want to go to support the lads, but just can’t get there after work.

1-1 draw is my prediction and think CP will have to make a couple of changes from Sat. to rest returning players - hopefully other results will go well for us too.

I predicted 1-1 in the Prediction League but I think this game is winnable. I know we have an awful record at Glanford Park but equally I can't remember a time when we played them when they were struggling. Most games have been against a side battling for promotion rather than against relegation.

Hoping for a win but I expect a draw. Both teams are in poor form and as the away side I think Powell will be more than happy with a point since it means Scunthorpe will stay below us in the table. If Scunthorpe fancy going for all 3 to get away from the relegation zone though I can see us catching them on the break and winning by a single goal.

****e weather may play a part. Wind gusts up to 40mph and heavy rain during the day won't help.
I agree. On that note, is there a possibility that the game will be called off? If the wind is that strong it could make playing football impossible (by that I mean the ball being totally out of control and flying everywhere).

I agree. On that note, is there a possibility that the game will be called off? If the wind is that strong it could make playing football impossible (by that I mean the ball being totally out of control and flying everywhere).

Like the defence this year you mean. :Whistling:

Unlikely. I imagine both teams will have to put up with it.

So proud, crap weather forecast all the way up, during and worse after the game....and my nipper and his girlfriend are making the journey......that's my boy...:LoyalSupporter:

If it was being played on my lawn it would be postponed. Hope its better in Scunny. COYBB

I’m going for a win with some important bodies back.

I expect NOTHING almost every single game I go to. The only thing I expect from match days is the Guinness and crisps to be satisfying.

Interesting point this. I think the only thing we can expect is effort.

Back