• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Expectations for Scunthorpe

At Scunny we will...

• Total voters
We've got to win at Glanford Park sometime right, why not tonight? would certainly take a point though.

There is absolutely no chance of a win. In fact, tonight will see our ticket to the relegation dogfight formally stamped.

On a brighter note, this will hopefully end CP's painful tenure.

There is absolutely no chance of a win. In fact, tonight will see our ticket to the relegation dogfight formally stamped.

On a brighter note, this will hopefully end CP's painful tenure.

Don't think there is any chance that CP's tenure will be ended after tonight's match.

A heavy defeat wouldn't surprise me, however I've got a sneaky feeling after Saturday that maybe we're turning a corner, so equally a squeaky 1-0 or more likely 2-1 (lets face it we won't keep a clean sheet) victory also wouldn't surprise me. So as usual I've got absolutely no idea what will happen. Probably get postponed due to the weather..

A heavy defeat wouldn't surprise me, however I've got a sneaky feeling after Saturday that maybe we're turning a corner, so equally a squeaky 1-0 or more likely 2-1 (lets face it we won't keep a clean sheet) victory also wouldn't surprise me. So as usual I've got absolutely no idea what will happen. Probably get postponed due to the weather..

See the game at Macclesfield has been postponed.

I agree. On that note, is there a possibility that the game will be called off? If the wind is that strong it could make playing football impossible (by that I mean the ball being totally out of control and flying everywhere).
At the moment the weather is good and drying up. The wind has dropped at present so there appears to be no reason why the game will still be on

Winds of 40mph + are scheduled for 8pm - doesn't sound very encouraging for a decent game.

Stay safe anyone that is going - especially on the drive home.

well I'm sat in my living room less than half an hour away from Glanford Park and it's glorious sunshine and the wind has died down considerably, it seems like the storm has blown through a bit early and the forecast for humberside airport has improved somewhat so maybe it won't be too horrendous after all.

As for the match itself Scunny are in just a desperate state as us so perhaps it's time for our hoodoo to end, I predict a 2-0 with Cox and Demi on the scoresheet

Back