• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Expectations for Scunthorpe

At Scunny we will...

• Total voters

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Fairly simple, what do you expect.

Seem’s to me that there a real chasm in what people expect from games atm. So I thought it might be an idea to gather a general consensus for the remaining fixtures, starting with Scunny Away.

Personally, I think we’ll lose. A Tuesday night game, at a ground we never win at seems to be a home banker.

Every losing run must come to an end at sometime and often at the most unexpected time. So being optimistic the time is right for three points.

I reckon we'll lose.

We've been unable to string together consecutive good performances all season.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong (I'll settle for playing badly and winning).

I expect a loss due to our form there but would be happy with a draw.

I reckon we'll lose.

We've been unable to string together consecutive good performances all season.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong (I'll settle for playing badly and winning).

With all the slagging off they got it wasn't a good performance last weekend, so on that point it won't be stringing together consecutive good performances. Must be a win then.

History says we will lose.But we got points at Bradford Charlton and Blackpool when we weren't expecting any and we must win at Scunny sometime.So a point would be good

We were a few short moments away from a win on Saturday. I reckon tomorrow we will bring home all three points. A Shrimpers win for me.

If I knew what the result would be I wouldn’t be wasting my time on here, I’d be over the road at the bookies!
We need points and I firmly believe we have more chance of points away from Roots Hall. Frankly, it must be terrible playing there ATM and our dire record at home this season backs me up on this. So on that basis I say we try blasting them off pitch early on and go for goals every opportunity we get. I can handle relegation I just won’t accept not going for it.
I don’t think Powell is the right man but I’m behind him one hundred percent if he shows a bit more desire.

its all about that bloody midfield. give us there A game we will ok. give us there B game, o dear.

with each loss or draw brings us one game closer toa win, so win for me 1-0.
Kelman to score from the centre circle ,the wind will take the ball on a whirly gig and leave the goalkeeper scratching his Balls wondering whats going on.

If Lennon and Kiernan are fit to play 90 mins again I reckon we could win this one

I know we all want a win but this is a must not lose game to avoid handing points to relegation rivals.

****e weather may play a part. Wind gusts up to 40mph and heavy rain during the day won't help.

Back