• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Experienced trio will be offered new deals at Southend United

White is an AWFUL captain. Does nothing a captain does and isn’t a good enough player to lead by example.

I have an unconfirmed rumour about how he was chosen as captain which if was widespread would show most people what a joke choice he is (almost literally)

Would this be the John White who lifted up the trophy at Wembley, or another JW?

White is an AWFUL captain. Does nothing a captain does and isn’t a good enough player to lead by example.

I have an unconfirmed rumour about how he was chosen as captain which if was widespread would show most people what a joke choice he is (almost literally)
You know what they say about unconfirmed rumours, mostly they are complete bollocks. You have an opinion on JW, fair enough, but thankfully it doesn't appear to be shared by many on here.

Would this be the John White who lifted up the trophy at Wembley, or another JW?

What argument is that? Cos he lifted a trophy? What if he was injured that day (very likely with his record) and someone else was captain. Does that make them a great captain just cos they lifted a trophy?

What argument is that? Cos he lifted a trophy? What if he was injured that day (very likely with his record) and someone else was captain. Does that make them a great captain just cos they lifted a trophy?
Not because he lifted the trophy, but because he led the team all season to reach the play-offs and that was his reward. JW is a very major influence at the Club, both on and off the pitch. It's a shame you couldn't speak to the players on their view of White, several have spoken publicly to say how he leads by example on the pitch and you may have noticed the improvement in our defence when he is there organising, covering and improving players around him (Hobson).

Not because he lifted the trophy, but because he led the team all season to reach the play-offs and that was his reward. JW is a very major influence at the Club, both on and off the pitch. It's a shame you couldn't speak to the players on their view of White, several have spoken publicly to say how he leads by example on the pitch and you may have noticed the improvement in our defence when he is there organising, covering and improving players around him (Hobson).

by the same token then, he wore the armband as we fell through the leagues and lost our league status. And you want him to not only stay on but stay as captain? It’s just odd…

If you don't understand that, then you are not in aposition to slag the man off.

Ok, but then. So what are your thoughts on our relegations and losing our football league status under his stewardship? Goes both ways.

My thoughts?.....Thank F*** we had JW otherwise we would have been relegated before March. He did his job at the back and made SH Poty......When your top goal scorer has 3 goals I suggest you look up the other end of the pitch for some answers, then seek a man on the touchline with prison white trainers.

Look Ive helped take the club through 2 relegations. I found it quite an unusual experience and at times painful, so feel you should pay me more than my current salary

In Business, Look I know ive failed every performance target set but feel you should raise my salary by more than inflation at least

Bye, switch the light off on your way out

Timothee Dieng, Jason Demetriou, Elvis Bwomono, Sam Hart and Ricky Holmes are all out of contract at Roots Hall this summer along with Mark Oxley who is expected to move on.

Demetriou was close to signing a week or so ago. So that leaves one more "close" to signing.

Dieng was expected to leave but "still in talks" as per the earlier Echo article. Oxley to move (to Harrogate?) it seems, as mentioned in the article and Brown talking with 5-6 other goalkeepers.

That leaves Bwomono, Hart, and Holmes. No mention of Halford, has he signed a deal and we are keeping it quiet or has he moved on?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bwomono who wanted a wage increase (no inside knowledge, just a thought). He signed a three-year deal at the age of 18 after only a handful of appearances and can't imagine he would have been on much, especially if he had a relegation wage reduction clause. His contract was extended last March thanks to a triggered clause and we opened talks with him last August but nothing seemed to come from it.

Could be Hart and Holmes. Neither had clubs lining up to sign them and were signed (or registered) half way through the season.

Halford was an early sign up on a monthly contract I believe

If you believe in Phils love of the mature then Demetriou and Holmes could be up next?

MFILs

Halford was an early sign up on a monthly contract I believe

If you believe in Phils love of the mature then Demetriou and Holmes could be up next?

MFILs

You must be delighted with Torquay making the final after telling us how many 27 year olds they had playing. You even inspired me to watch the game.

2 goals from a 36 year old number 9, then a 34 year old CB and finally a 35 your old CM....in extra time....How is that possible?......Its almost as if a strong, experience spine of been there done it professionals works.

The young loanees don't get signed in June, so worry about average ages in late August. In the meantime enjoy the weather wile it lasts.

Took you a while

Good to grab one game, rather than look at the whole season, you're clearly getting more desperate by the minute !

Took you a while

Good to grab one game, rather than look at the whole season, you're clearly getting more desperate by the minute !
It’s delivering when it matters in those key matches. Didn’t Asa Hall and Daniel Wright (34 and 36) deliver 15 NL goals between them, over a season?? And who’s to say how much their experience rubbed off on others being around the squad. That’s not measurable with facts & figures.

You must be delighted with Torquay making the final after telling us how many 27 year olds they had playing. You even inspired me to watch the game.

Did you watch this one game with your eyes closed or your Mind ??
[/QUOTE]

You must have missed this somehow, from the winning team, and one that has done well over the SEASON wonder why?

Wynter solid at the back age24 very mobile
Sherring back 4 , age 24
Connoe LEmmonheigh Evans ,best player on the park, 10 goals from midfield, age 24
Kyle Cameron defender age 24
Armani Little excellent age 24
Adam Rendell age 21
Joe Lewis defender age 21

Notice anything regarding why this side might be in the final Please note the ages of the eleven on the park for Torquay, compare and contrast with us , especially if we add Demi and Holmes to the mature set

Have we finished our transfer business? Seems that some want to constantly criticise PB and his policy yet he’s been in a promotion winning dressing room, no one on SZ has (well, unless they’re ex players). We can quote facts & figures as much as we like .. over and over .. to the point where it becomes boring .. or we can let RD/PB get on with getting players through the door who are up for the battle and want to play for Southend. I don’t care if they’re 24 or 34 just being any good would be a vast improvement on the last 2 seasons of ****.

Back