• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Experiencing victory

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Elvis appearing for Uganda in their victory today has been the first win anyone on the current staff has experienced since June when McCormack and Olayinka played for Northampton in the play-offs.

Last time experienced a win in a competitive fixture:

Mark Oxley - 1/2/20 v Lincoln
Harry Seaden - never
Elvis Bwomono - today v South Sudan
Nathan Ralph - 13/11/19 v Wimbledon in the FL Trophy; last league win 21/9/19 deregistered
Tom Clifford - 7/3/20 v Bristol Rovers
Sam Hart - 4/5/19 v Sunderland - registered?
Harry Lennon - 21/9/19 v MK Dons
John White - 1/2/20 v Lincoln
Shaun Hobson - never in the League, don't have stats for Conf South but on a winning side in the Conference 13/4/19
Richard Taylor - never in the League, 13/11/19 v Wimbledon in the FL Trophy
Miles Mitchell-Nelson - 7/3/20 v Bristol Rovers deregistered
Timothee Dieng - 18/1/20 v Accrington although he went off injured after 10 minutes. His win prior to that 13/11/19 v Wimbledon in the FL Trophy and last league win he played more than 10 minutes in was 4/5/19 v Sunderland
Alan McCormack 29/6/20 for Northampton v Exeter in the play-offs deregistered
Jason Demetriou - 7/3/20 v Bristol Rovers

Lewis Gard - 7/3/20 v Bristol Rovers deregistered
Harry Phillips - 1/2/20 v Lincoln
James Olayinka - 13/10/20 for Arsenal u21s v Crawley, the most recent player to have tasted success. He also came on for McCormack in the play-offs for Northampton

Kyle Taylor - 9/11/19 as sub in the FA Cup for Forest Green v Billericay; last league game was 14/9/19 Forest Green v Col Ewe
Michael Klass - 26/10/19 for Bromley v Halifax in the Conference; he's never won a match he's started in the league but came on as a sub 2/10/18 when we won at Burton deregistered
Ashley Nathaniel-George - 9/11/19 for Crawley in the FA Cup as sub (he scored), last league game was v Col Ewe as sub 12/10/19; last start he won was 13/8/19 in the League Cup v Walsall; last league start 4/5/19 Crawley v Tranmere.
Terrell Egbri - 7/3/20 v Bristol Rovers
Eren Kinali - - 7/3/20 v Bristol Rovers deregistered
Simeon Akinola - 10/3/20 for Barnet v Woking in Conference; last league win 28/4/18 for an already relegated Barnet not registered

Brandon Goodship - 1/2/20 v Lincoln as sub; in a match he started 21/9/19 v MK Dons. The only other league wins for matches he started were in 2016. One of them he was subbed at half-time with the score goalless, the other he scored the only goal of the game v Dagenham 27/2/16.
Emile Acquah - never in the League, 13/11/19 v Wimbledon in the FL Trophy
Kaziah Sterling - 7/9/19 for Doncaster v Rotherham although he was subbed at half-time with Donny losing in that game. The previous week he'd come on as sub and helped them win though.
Matt Rush - came on for the final minute of our 3-1 win 7/3/20 v Bristol Rovers

Excluding players who have been deregistered, we only have 9 players who have started in a League game they've won in the last 12 months.

James Olayinka has appeared in 5 wins this year (3 starts and 2 sub appearances), the most of any registered player ahead of Elvis (4).
Demetriou has started 3 wins. Clifford, White and Oxley have 2 starts each; Egbri, Phillips, Dieng (10 minutes) have both started in a solitary win. Goodship has made 2 sub appearances and Rush has appeared for a minute.

2 players experienced their last league win v Col Ewe

Crikey - it makes our situation seem even worse

Walsall fans are fairly clear about our situation:

"Every now and then the fixture list turns up a game where you think "If we can’t win this one we might as well pack up and go home" - and this match fits that bill pretty near perfectly. The Shrimpers are currently bottom of the table, without a win in their 11 games so far, and sporting a goal difference of -20 (scored 5, conceded 25). Hamstrung in League One last season by a signing embargo allied to the ongoing difficulties with HMRC, manager at the time Sol Campbell left in June with the club relegated (4 wins in 35 games). The outstanding tax bill of almost half a million pounds has been settled, but there has been something of a clear-out of senior players under new manager Mark Molesley - their current League Two form looks like this:-

November 3rd Bradford City (A) Lost 3-0
October 31st Port Vale (H) Lost 0-2
October 27th Oldham Athletic (H) Lost 1-2
October 24th Tranmere Rovers (A) Lost 2-0
October 20th Salford City (A) Lost 3-0

You get the idea…"

Yes, I think they do get the idea. Clearly it's time for our lads to experience their first league victory.

At least one Walsall fan is sympathetic to our plight though:

"Southend in a complete mess. Sad to see another former established league one club and of similar stature to Walsall heading for non league. Seems their owner has now lost interest after pumping in some decent money for years (not long ago had likes of Anton Ferdinand and Kightly playing for them), has been talk of them leaving Roots Hall for 15 years but nothing seems to ever happen with new stadium. They’ve got the odd experienced player in Demetriou and Oxley still with them but rest are just kids.
To have any chance of proper top 7 bid we simply have to win this game. Type of match that did stop the momentum last season e.g. 1-1 home draw with Macclesfield who were in a similar state.
Will go for a convincing 3-0 win."

Hmmm.......

Last time I saw a Southend United victory live at a football ground.

01/01/2019 - vs Gillingham.

Mine was 21/04/2018 - Vs MK Dons.

I hadn't even thought about it until your post, thanks for that!

How much more evidence do we need that nothing short of a complete clear out is required?

I’m thousands of miles away but would love to see some direct action protests and would assist in any way I can. The current situation is an absolute disgrace.....

I dream nightly of a 'W' being placed alongside our name in the League 2 table. That euphoric wave of excitement as I taste sweet victory. I dream, alas it endeth.

Last time I saw a Southend United victory live at a football ground.

01/01/2019 - vs Gillingham.
We have only had seven league wins since then Ricey, 4 at home against Burton Albion, Sunderland, Lincoln City and Bristol Rovers, and 3 away at Bradford City, MK Dons and Accrington Stanley. 7 wins, 15 draws and 44 defeats.
Cup record in that time is P12 W2 L10.
So 54 Defeats alongside 9 Wins altogether.
No wonder I don't see a lot of optimism flying around at the moment.

Due to work commitments didn't see a victory last season and as a sth don't miss too many home games☹

My last win in attendance was Lincoln City at home. Last away game was MK Dons in 2019

Back