• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whose contract would you renew?

• Total voters
Think the poll shows something about opinions being severely distorted by age of the player. I guess a lot of people from a far may not see many games and just see numbers.

Absolutely agree, whilst age not on his side his fitness levels are amazing and he’d be a keeper for another couple of seasons then maybe some sort of coaching role?

The interesting one for me is Hendrie, although not out of contract (1 year left I believe). I for one would like to see him given another go this time under Powell, could teach him a thing or two about playing the LB position ;-)

The interesting one for me is Hendrie, although not out of contract (1 year left I believe). I for one would like to see him given another go this time under Powell, could teach him a thing or two about playing the LB position ;-)

Yep, with you on Hendrie. Some Powell man hugs may just do the trick.

Did this poll start pre or post Brown? How we've playing now, it wouldn't be the worst thing if a majority stayed with the exception of maybe McGlashan as he doesn't seem to be in CP's plans...

Yep, with you on Hendrie. Some Powell man hugs may just do the trick.

I would rather Hendrie do some bear hugs on the oppositions RM. Seemed to have lost his defensive instincts and strength rather than technical/attacking ability. Not sure what the answer is to that one.

These for me are a must if possible.

OX
White
Coker
Tims

Give the young lads a real opportunity when possible. Still need a few key new players.

Try and get Manton as well.

I would rather Hendrie do some bear hugs on the oppositions RM. Seemed to have lost his defensive instincts and strength rather than technical/attacking ability. Not sure what the answer is to that one.
Has Hendrie ever had defensive instincts? He reminds me of Nicky Nicolau; tidy on the ball and confident going forward but all at sea defensively, especially in a back four.

Surprised that so many people would want to keep Wordsworth. He must be one of the highest earners, is always injured and hasn't done well in any of Chris Powell's teams so far. He would be first on my list of players to be let go.

Surprised that so many people would want to keep Wordsworth. He must be one of the highest earners, is always injured and hasn't done well in any of Chris Powell's teams so far. He would be first on my list of players to be let go.
Not that surprising considering the poll is from January. I suspect the number will be a lot smaller now with many (myself included) changing their minds.

Mine too. He's done nothing in the last 6 months to warrant another contract.
I'd release Turner, Mcglashan and Fortune as well and offer new contracts to Timlin (1 year), Coker, Cox,White and of course Oxley.
I'd try to negotiate Ferdinand's departure whilst looking to sign up Sam Manton.
A couple of new strikers, plus a winger and a centre half would be high on my agenda.

These for me are a must if possible.

OX
White
Coker
Tims

Give the young lads a real opportunity when possible. Still need a few key new players.

Try and get Manton as well.

I would invest more to ensure Oxley stays and cash in on Coker... I would also make the effort to get Manton and let Timlin move on also.

I would invest more to ensure Oxley stays and cash in on Coker... I would also make the effort to get Manton and let Timlin move on also.

Was going to say exactly the same about Mantom and Timlin. The lad looks a good player, can pick a pass and can make a tackle.

Timlin has served us well but I think the time has come to send him to Swindon

Mine too. He's done nothing in the last 6 months to warrant another contract.
I'd release Turner, Mcglashan and Fortune as well and offer new contracts to Timlin (1 year), Coker, Cox,White and of course Oxley.
I'd try to negotiate Ferdinand's departure whilst looking to sign up Sam Manton.
A couple of new strikers, plus a winger and a centre half would be high on my agenda.

Why? He's been one of our best players this season.

Was going to say exactly the same about Mantom and Timlin. The lad looks a good player, can pick a pass and can make a tackle.

Timlin has served us well but I think the time has come to send him to Swindon

Don't agree about Timlin. Has proved he can be a decent partner for Dru in the middle and whilst he may not be in peoples best starting 11 he would be one of the first on the bench alongside John White.

Despite what people claim on the Zone he is a good defender at left back. Yes we can all slag his passing but doesn't concede goals that easy.

Why? He's been one of our best players this season.

For the simple reason that he will always suffer 3 or 4 muscular injuries throughout a season and we will be forced to change personnel. You need a settled team to succeed in any league. He will also be on decent wages which could be better spent elsewhere.

Don't agree about Timlin. Has proved he can be a decent partner for Dru in the middle and whilst he may not be in peoples best starting 11 he would be one of the first on the bench alongside John White.

Despite what people claim on the Zone he is a good defender at left back. Yes we can all slag his passing but doesn't concede goals that easy.

I agree that when he has played with Dru he has been able to influence Dru's development. My concern is though that Dru has a yellow card in him. In many games this year he has received one or has had a stern talking to by a ref.

Timlin also has that in him as well and I believe that Mantom is a calmer player than Timlin and one that bring on Dru more. Additionally if you would have Timlin on the bench he won't be able to be a perfect partner for Dru...:winking:

I agree that when he has played with Dru he has been able to influence Dru's development. My concern is though that Dru has a yellow card in him. In many games this year he has received one or has had a stern talking to by a ref.

Timlin also has that in him as well and I believe that Mantom is a calmer player than Timlin and one that bring on Dru more. Additionally if you would have Timlin on the bench he won't be able to be a perfect partner for Dru...:winking:

In fairness to Dru he has calmed down on his petulance towards the ref. It was certainly a concern to the coaches but after he proved at Peterborough he could play under pressure on a yellow, thanks mainly to coaching from Timlin, he kept his place.

That was all part of his development this season. The fact that he was happy to take a team yellow even though we were 4-0 up against MK is a plus point in my view.

CP will of course want a strong man in CM. Yes Mantom would be a good choice but Timlin would be ideal back up, especially as he can play on the left in emergencies at LB or LM. Rather him than Wordsworth or Wright with Dru.

I certainly would not keep Wordsworth, he has even been hiding at home this season.

Sorry to swim against the tide but I'm still undecided about Manto. Given a choice (now) between Manto and Tims, I would stick with Tims.

Back