• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whose contract would you renew?

• Total voters
Speaking to someone who is close to Powell yesterday and they were saying despite the good run of results he does want to make wholesale changes to the squad. Whether he can offload as many as he wants is unknown but I think a few on here would be surprised at some he allegedly wants to keep and some he doesn't. Sounds like he isn't fooled by those who might be playing for a contract that will revert to type next season. I must say it sounds like he has a very good idea of the character of his squad.

Mantom, Tims and Josh Wright play the same roll. We need 2 of the 3. If we sign mantom permenantly who goes Tims or Wright ?

Comparing Wright with either of those two is a bit tricky. Mantom, if he signs, would be my choice backed up by Timlin, but that still leaves us short of a play maker should Wright move on. I must be honest, Wright has yet to set my world on fire as, although tidy, he doesn't hurt defences. Wordsworth does that, but only now and again, and certainly not enough of the time this season. So, like I say, it's tricky and I don't have an answer unless Wordy promises me he will stay fit and focused next season (not a lot to ask is it?).

Can't believe Oxley wont get a champ club in the summer, so that leaves Smith - I really want it to work out with Smith

Left back we are good with Coker and Hendrie or Elvis to cover

Right back we are good with Demmy with Elvis to cover

Centre back we have Turner, White, Kyps and Kiernan? - maybe we need another unless Kiernan will be fit.

A CM 4 of Manton, Dru, Timlin and Wright is good enough

On the left / right we have Macca and Kightly - we need another

Up top I like Cox, would also like to keep Fortune, and on recent form Theo- we need another here (maybe Wabo but probably too soon)

Therefore it's mcgash, Ferdy and wordy to go...also Lapado + Harrison
But also we only need three/four players (one being Mantom)...

Mantom, Tims and Josh Wright play the same roll. We need 2 of the 3. If we sign Mantom permenantly who goes Tims or Wright ?

Quite possible to have 3 central midfielders, isn't it? To cover for injuries, suspensions and for a marvellous cup run (or two) .............. I know, it's madness ..................

Back