• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rant-KO times in Spain

<RCD ESPANYOL vs ATHLETIC CLUB

Día Domingo 11 Septiembre 2011
Hora 22:00
Lugar Estadio RCD<

Espanyol's first home match of the season is on Sunday night at 22.00!
Now on Sundays the last metro train from Cornella(end of the line)back into Barcelona leaves at midnight.That's tight if there's any added time at all since the ground is a good 10/15 minutes walk from the metro.It's absolutely useless for people like me who live out in the suburbs.Last FGC train to Sant Cugat from Barcelona leaves at 4 minutes past midnight!Looks like I'll be leaving the game at HT.:stunned:

<RCD ESPANYOL vs ATHLETIC CLUB

Día Domingo 11 Septiembre 2011
Lugar Estadio RCD<

Espanyol's first home match of the season is on Sunday night at 22.00!
Now on Sundays the last metro train from Cornella(end of the line)back into Barcelona leaves at midnight.That's tight if there's any added time at all since the ground is a good 10/15 minutes walk from the metro.It's absolutely useless for people like me who live out in the suburbs.Last FGC train to Sant Cugat from Barcelona leaves at 4 minutes past midnight!Looks like I'll be leaving the game at HT.:stunned:

Thats what happens when you become a glory hunter :winking:

Excellent win for Real Betis at Athletic Bilbao last night to take us joint top. If that performance was anything to go by, we'll be a great team to watch this season - attack attack attack.

Moving down the leagues, look at this beaut of a stadium

http://estadiosdeespana.blogspot.com/2011/09/palencia-estadio-nueva-balastera.html?spref=tw

Ah but Espanyol's stadium at Cornellà is the most modern(and the newest) in Spain.

<RCDE Stadium Work Day By Day

INFORMATION
Officially inaugurated on the 2nd of august 2009, the Estadi del RCD Espanyol began developing in 2002, when the club decided to organize an international tender to choose a new setting. The winning project was the one by Mark Fenwick and Esteve Gasulla, who projected a stadium to hold 41.000 spectators between the municipal districts of Cornellà and El Prat de Llobregat.

That project has already come true and it is conceived as an element of creation of new infrastructures and interrelation among the citizens, following the criteria of new stadiums in Europe, with the inclusion of a recreational centre for all the family and several equipments beyond the sportive facilities.

The stadium is composed by two areas –the stands and the ring that surrounds them- and has a clear and strong design, with definite geometrics, and a facade conceived as a flying and translucent curtain with the club colors, which get illuminated at night.

The cover is filled with solar plates, which will produce a great energy saving, and it shelters all stadium but the corners.

RCD Espanyol farewells the Olympic Stadium stage to go back to a house of their own: a 4 stars stadium designed under a harmonic balance between functionality, economics and aesthetics, which has come true this 2009 and becomes the new home for the perico supporters.

TECHNICAL DATA
Grass pitch (105 x 68)
Capacity: 40.500 spectators
Stadium built on a piece of land of 36.000 m2
Solar panels of 0,5 MW on the cover
Stadium built under energy saving criteria
SERVICES
4 star-rated stadium
Vip Zones:
President Club; 271 seats
Executive Club: 36 boxes at the intermediate ring of the Presidential Stand
Corporate Club: 1200 seats distributed among the 2 ends and the side stand of the intermediate ring. VIP services for boxes and seats.
Facility parking with 3278 parking spaces
Stadium built under accessibility criteria for handicapped people.
27 bars
24 radio boxes and 133 press seats<

Excellent win for Real Betis at Athletic Bilbao last night to take us joint top. If that performance was anything to go by, we'll be a great team to watch this season - attack attack attack.

Moving down the leagues, look at this beaut of a stadium

http://estadiosdeespana.blogspot.com/2011/09/palencia-estadio-nueva-balastera.html?spref=tw

Actually Bilbo aren't much cop.I saw them lose at Espanyol in a game where they should have nicked a point.I'll be suprised if Bielsa's still their manager at the end of the season.

Actually Bilbo aren't much cop.I saw them lose at Espanyol in a game where they should have nicked a point.I'll be suprised if Bielsa's still their manager at the end of the season.

They finished sixth last season, we were newly promoted. Not too many teams come away from San Mamés with three points (they've lost ten games there in the last two seasons) so even if things are looking a little dodgy for Athletic at the moment, that still stands as a very fine result for Betis as part of a very decent start to the new campaign.

They finished sixth last season, we were newly promoted. Not too many teams come away from San Mamés with three points (they've lost ten games there in the last two seasons) so even if things are looking a little dodgy for Athletic at the moment, that still stands as a very fine result for Betis as part of a very decent start to the new campaign.

I would certainly agree about it being a good result and a decent start for Betis.Realisitically though, I don't see Bilbo reproducing their top six finish this season.Nor, incidentally do I expect Espanyol to finish much above mid-table-though hope springs eternal-starting with another home win against Getafe on Thursday night.:clap:

<LIGA BBVA
RCD ESPANYOL vs REAL MADRID CF

Día Domingo 02 Octubre 2011
Lugar Estadio RCD<

Yet another dopey KO time.Some people have to work on Monday mornings.Of Espanyol's 3 home games so far, 2 have been at this ridiculous time of 2200 on a Sunday and the other at 20.00 last Thursday.Whatever ever happened to good old Sunday afternoon KO's at 5pm?Right, that was before TV took over wall to wall coverage of the game here and everywhere else.

Just seen Bar$a beat Milan 3-2 at the San Siro on the box.Believe me(and I hate to say this)but they're some side and will take a lot of stopping in Europe this season(again).:stunned:

Forget about Barca(till January anyway)Espanyol turned in their performance of the season(so far)last night beating Atlético 4-2.Wonderful game.Espanyol were 3-0 up after 18 minutes.They still need to bring in a goalscorer in,in the January sales.Rumour has it they're after someone from Ajax.Anyone know who?:unsure:

These are good times to be an Espanyol supporter.A great 4-2 win last night in the Copa del Rey against Celta which co-incidentally was the score in Espanyol's last home league game against Atlético Madrid.Sandwiched in between last weekend was an away win at Sporting.Barca are next up at Cornella in January(after the mid-winter break).:xmas4:

Octavos de final

Córdoba-Espanyol
Mirandés-Racing

Real Sociedad–Mallorca
Albacete-Athletic

R. Madrid-Málaga
FC Barcelona-CA Osasuna

Valencia-Sevilla
Alcorcón-Levante

Espanyol look a good bet to reach the final of the Copa del Rei on the basis of this draw.Assuming they beat Córdoba they'd play Racing in the last 8 and the winners of the next group of 4 in the SF.

Back