• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just the 23 career red cards for Sergio Ramos now :smile::smile:
Never a second yellow for me, though how on earth he only saw yellow for the slap I'll never know.

Nice to see Barcelona get a win, albeit not that impressive, after the events in mid-week (though you may disagree given it was against Betis!).

Nice to see Barcelona get a win, albeit not that impressive, after the events in mid-week (though you may disagree given it was against Betis!).

I always write off the four games against Real and Barcelona at the start of the season as no-pointers so wasn't too worried! Although we should have made it 1-1 just before their second.

I thought it was a fitting tribute made at the Camp Nou though.

My son was watching it with me, but my wife and daughter were nattering in another room. not quite getting the point of what was going on he ran in to their room shouting "MINUTE'S SILENCE, BE QUIET!" :facepalm:

I always write off the four games against Real and Barcelona at the start of the season as no-pointers so wasn't too worried! Although we should have made it 1-1 just before their second.

I thought it was a fitting tribute made at the Camp Nou though.

My son was watching it with me, but my wife and daughter were nattering in another room. not quite getting the point of what was going on he ran in to their room shouting "MINUTE'S SILENCE, BE QUIET!" :facepalm:

See Betis have got a couple of ex-Montpellier players with them now.

See Betis have got a couple of ex-Montpellier players with them now.

Quite a high player turnover this summer. No point judging them on the weekend as defeat was always highly likely but am interested to see how we go under the new coach.

Last year we did a bit of a 'Watford' - safe by February, put our feet up and finished a good few spots lower than we should have.

Would make a pleasant change to keep a coach for more than four months as well...

Quite a high player turnover this summer. No point judging them on the weekend as defeat was always highly likely but am interested to see how we go under the new coach.

Last year we did a bit of a 'Watford' - safe by February, put our feet up and finished a good few spots lower than we should have.

Would make a pleasant change to keep a coach for more than four months as well...

Espanyol did well at the weekend.Won't be around for their first home game next weekend but the stakes are high this season.

For those interested in Catalan football outside of FCB and Espanyol, there is a good feature in this month's When Saturday Comes on a few of the area's 'lesser' teams - CE Europa, Sabadell and Badalona.

Talking of Catalan football, I see Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour and Pep Guardiola's brother have bought an equal majority stake in newly promoted Girona football club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41029739

Seems to be paying off so far with their 2-2 draw with Athletico Madrid (which featured 5 Manchester City players on loan in the team).

For those interested in Catalan football outside of FCB and Espanyol, there is a good feature in this month's When Saturday Comes on a few of the area's 'lesser' teams - CE Europa, Sabadell and Badalona.

Thanks for the tip.Used to subscribe to WSC but have just ordered this copy.

Been to Sabadell and our younger daughter is a childhood friend of one of CE Europa's female players.

As Matt says though, Gerona seem to be the sucess story of Catalan football (so far) this season.Looking forward to their visit to Cornella.Might even go to the away game.My Espanyol mate's been there and says it's quite a good ground.

Thanks for the tip.Used to subscribe to WSC but have just odered this copy.

Been to Sabadell and our younger daughter ifs friendly with one of CE Europa's female players.

As Matt says though Gerona seem to be the sucess story of Catalan football (so far) this season.Looking forward to their visit to Cornella.Might even go to the away game.My Espanyol mate's been there and says it's quite a good ground.

There is a nod to Girona in the piece but it's part of a series about 'smaller clubs' in big cities so Girona can't get a look-in now they are in the top flight! Amsterdam, Rome and Berlin have all featured in previous editions. Always an intriguing feature.

Europa's ground looks interesting. It is almost completely in the shadow of a tower block (the folk in the flats behind our South Stand have nothing on these guys) and also, given its location between Parc Güell and La Sagrada Familia, most tourists have probably strolled nearby without knowing it is there - I know I have.

Last edited:
There is a nod to Girona in the piece but it's part of a series about 'smaller clubs' in big cities so Girona can't get a look-in now they are in the top flight! Amsterdam, Rome and Berlin have all featured in previous editions. Always an intriguing feature.

Europa's ground looks interesting. It is almost completely in the shadow of a tower block (the folk in the flats behind our South Stand have nothing on these guys) and also, given its location between Parc Güell and La Sagrada Familia, most tourists have probably strolled nearby without knowing it is there - I know I have.
ell and

Yeah driven and walked past it many times, especially when we used to live near PG.Has the reputation of being a real,local and friendly club.

Looks like Barcelona are ready to splash some of their Neymar money on Ousmane Dembele from Dortmund for a fee as much as £135.5 million!..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41044659

IMO, a great bit of business from a Dortmund perspective, they only paid £13 million for him last season, so a nice tidy profit for a player that scored 6 goals and had 12 assists in 32 league games.

Mind you, probably an even better bit of business from Rennes point of view, who will get 25% of the transfer fee due to a sell on clause they had in his initial contract (which should be around 26.2 Million Euros). I find it funny, that Rennes have just smashed their own club transfer record without actually selling a player!! :smile:

It seems Barcelona have also learnt their lesson, that every player is available for a price in these stupidly crazy money days of the modern transfer market, as they have nearly doubled Dembele's buy out clause (from Neymar's) to a whopping 400 Million Euros.

I wonder if this ends their interest in Liverpool's Coutinho?, I was only reading yesterday that they were preparing a fourth and final bid for him for a slightly larger £138 million.

Watching Barça v Espanyol on the net.Didn't fancy forking out 100 euros+ to see the game and anyway we're in France for the weekend.

Messi's first goal was clearly offside.:cry:

Piatti was desperately unlucky not to score.

Last edited:
Saw Espanyol get their first win of La Liga last night (sound familiar?). 2-1 against Celta.Nowhere near as close as the scoreline would suggest, although Espanyol do like to make things unecessarily difficult for themselves.

Next home game? Sunday at 12 am.Go figure.:sad:

Saw Espanyol kick start their season 4-1 (a bit like SUFC) against Deportivo earlier.

Unlike Southend, Espanyol are away at Real Madrid next Sunday.:sad:

Last edited:
Back