• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With the steady advances in computer programmes could not it be possible to have a draw that was run by a programme that had a setting (in stages as obviously there may have to be clashes) to try to stop clubs that have played each other in the previous 27 months, 15 months and 3 months being matched/paired and also another that had a distance bias so clubs got less travel and more local derbies? I am sure there must be other factors to go in the equation to make the draw better AND I realise that some will love the magic of the velvet bags and swirling balls however I do believe change is needed for rounds 1, 2 (and 3) to get some of their edge back.

Not April 1st is it?

Yeah we got a crap draw in this round but if we get through we could get a cracker in the next round, surely thats the point?

I can't think of anything worse than a 2 legged FA Cup. You obviously don't understand the romance of the competition. The great appeal of it is the chance of an underdog getting a home draw against a top flight side who on the day don't fancy it. By having 2 legged matches you will end up with next to no shock results, with probably 14 premier league sides in the 5th round etc. Next you will be wanting seeding. The FA Cup is unique and has already been devalued by having penalty shoot outs rather than further replays. Leave it as it is. There is too much tinkering with cups and leagues in football (and other sports come to that).
IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

But it is broke...that's the problem.

In fairness, I said it "could" work. I didn't say it would work or even that I felt I 100% liked it.

It wouldn't further remove any "romance" though. That's already being removed by weakened sides and falling attendances.

What 2-legged would mean is that whoever you drew out of the hat, you got a chance to play them at home at some point. Bit like an old fashioned replay.

Yeah, like a second leg at Notts County would sure add to the romance after tonight's game at Salford. NOT.

:smile:

Yes, I get your point.

Ps, Is the W for Walker, by the way?

:smile:

Yes, I get your point.

Ps, Is the W for Walker, by the way?
If I wanted to give my surname I would. Why are you asking anyway? (notice I haven't asked what the "T" represents.

Hey, no dramas.

It's just that Stuart Walker was a good mate of mine who went to loads of away games with me a few years back.

Just wondered if you and he were one of the same.

Drop me a PM if you are and we can catch up.

Yes thank you, Jaffa.

We are lacing each others hair with daisies as we speak!:cool:

Back