• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we do get a non league team away, then the winners of Halifax v Guiseley would be perfect for me.

We have of course visited the Shay (is that right - Halifax) on a number of occasions. As for Guiseley, I wonder what their pitch would be like. Interesting. Could organise a flight from Southend to Leeds Bradford for the trip. :unsure:

If we are going to be up that way, what about Harrogate if they triumph over the mighty Grimsby?

Am I the only one that doesn't want a non league club we've never heard of away from home? Firstly, there's
hardly any upside to the tie (aside from a possible TV match) as even if we win 6-0 it will be expected and if it's a draw or defeat then it's embarrassment for us, plus hardly any of us will be able to go due to the tiny capacity

Am I the only one that doesn't want a non league club we've never heard of away from home? Firstly, there's
hardly any upside to the tie (aside from a possible TV match) as even if we win 6-0 it will be expected and if it's a draw or defeat then it's embarrassment for us, plus hardly any of us will be able to go due to the tiny capacity

Its the magic of the best cup competition in the world, playing a club that we wouldn't usually cross swords with. You could say the same about the 3rd Round, the big Prem clubs not wanting to play us for the same reasons.

Bring on the minnows!

Any team not currently in League 1.
Non-league at home would be great. We can dream again of Kings Lynn 9-0, Brentwood 10-1 and Weymouth 7-0.
Obviously will be 0-0.

I'd be happy with Sutton (mate used to play for them) Bromley (mate's mate currently plays for them) Harlow (mate supports them) or Brentwood (local and fond memories of a cricket score v them when a lad)........

Any team not currently in League 1.
Non-league at home would be great. We can dream again of Kings Lynn 9-0, Brentwood 10-1 and Weymouth 7-0.
Obviously will be 0-0.
There are a few League 2 teams i'd rather avoid as well, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Oxford etc. And the likes of Morecambe, Carlisle, Hartlepool and Accrington away would be awful.

There are a few League 2 teams i'd rather avoid as well, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Oxford etc. And the likes of Morecambe, Carlisle, Hartlepool and Accrington away would be awful.

We gave Morecambe a pasting last time we met them in the F.A. Cup ........ and at their place as well.

We gave Morecambe a pasting last time we met them in the F.A. Cup ........ and at their place as well.
Yes but even so it's still probably one of the least interesting draws we could get. And even though we won before I wouldn't count on us beating them again.

Im with you, a minnow at home would be fine, but little interest in away games unless they are on TV

I'd like us to host a brentwood, Harlow or a braintree, give them a day out won't it:smile:

Back