• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F.A. Cup 2020/21 Season

We've got tickets for the 300 capacity level 9 Christchurch v level 6 Dulwich Hamlet
The game is on BBC on the red button.
Timlin is now part of the Dulwich set up so hope to catch up with him.
Thinking about taking the 'Suffolk Shrimpers' flag along as it's about time it had an airing. That might confuse a few locals (and Timlin).

Eagerly awaiting news of the game please ................

Bishop stortford game tonight v Royston is apparently sold out, 600 tickets all gone, good job I got one then:Clap:

Well, another good cup game last night watching Christchurch (my fifth in the FA Cup this season)

Dulwich are three leagues higher but in the first half it was Christchurch who had the better chances. It was 0-0 at the break, Dulwich started the second half brighter but then their number 8 decided to cut down knee high a Church man and so ref blessed him with a red card and the visitors went down to 10 men .... to become the better team and scored with 10 mins left.

The Church then piled forward, had chance after chance, and then in the last minute a bullet cross gets headed in for the equaliser ... bedlam ensues as the whole team bundle on top of each other, all the subs and manager too plus several spectators and, inadvertently, a steward.

So, it goes to penalties. The lone Churchman drummer goes in to epilectic overdrive and promptly puts off the Christchurch takers as they only score one of their kicks. Oddly as the last Dulwich taker nets to put them in to the next round he and his team mates fail to celebrate and the Dulwich keeper makes his way to the goal to get ready for another spot kick. The ref at this point finally wakes up and blows his whistle to signal a muted end of the game.

Had a quick chat with Timlin before kick-off, he seemed happy enough tho initially a bit perplexed to see a couple of spectators wearing Southend United coats. He is Dulwich's skipper and all night sat in the centre of the park shouting orders and directing play. Quite vocal in the pre-match coaching too - it seems that is what he will end up looking to do

We did in the end though choose the wrong match. We'd been at Wimborne in the last round and last night they beat National League Maidstone on pens after equalising in the last second. Still, hoping they can get a home tie in the next round so we can keep our own cup run going.

Followed it on BBC website, Christchurch didn’t look a team 3 levels lower and thought that very late equalizer might just spur them on in the penalties. Being a home fans only game surprised to see a good half-dozen celebrating the DH goal....as for the Dulwich shirt, horrid.

Went to the Bishop stortford game last night and they pulled off a 3-0 win, so im already for the draw for the next round in a few minutes:Thumbs up:

Canvey v Cray, Concord Rangers v Chippenham, Bishops Stortford v St Albans

Believe it's the draw this Monday night,really hope we can get a easy home draw to kick start our season.

Believe it's the draw this Monday night,really hope we can get a easy home draw to kick start our season.
I don’t think there is such a thing as an Easy draw for us. L1, L2 or full time National League side = defeat. A Non-League team up for causing an ‘upset’ in the cup also has defeat written all over it.

I don’t think there is such a thing as an Easy draw for us. L1, L2 or full time National League side = defeat. A Non-League team up for causing an ‘upset’ in the cup also has defeat written all over it.
Yes you are correct I should have used another word than easy.I am hoping to get someone at home that we could have chance of getting a result as we need to get a win to generate some confidence around the place.Perhaps I am delusional and need to see a doctor!!!!

Concord, Canvey & Maldon through, they must fancies us in first round!! I bet their manager want our name to be pulled out of the hat with them.

Yes you are correct I should have used another word than easy.I am hoping to get someone at home that we could have chance of getting a result as we need to get a win to generate some confidence around the place.Perhaps I am delusional and need to see a doctor!!!!
@Maldon Shrimper you must be happy to play against your home town if both come out of the draw lol

MM has experience beating National League South and Southern Premier sides so maybe you’re right and we would be able to pull a result out of the bag. Either way fingers crossed for a non-league draw as we have little chance against another EFL side.

Back