• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F.A. Cup 2020/21 Season

Absolutely.

Aside from the obvious big names like Ipswich, Pompey, Bolton etc, we must have been one of the more desired teams in this draw.

BW will not come into this game as underdogs... and they will know that.

Much like playing Harrogate on day 1 of the season, I’d possibly argue that this is one of the worst draws we could’ve got!

Any lower and the gap is generally too large for non league to bridge.....a league 1 or 2 team and we’d not expect to win anyway....

I’d be very surprised if we don’t beat these, it’ll be a all time low if we don’t win this, could be a TV game also.

I’d be very surprised if we don’t beat these, it’ll be a all time low if we don’t win this, could be a TV game also.

As far as all time lows go, we’ve certainly got a few options to choose from in recent .

Getting hammered 7-1 at home.

Harrogate on the opening day.

Dover last year.

Relegated as the worst professional team in English football.

As far as all time lows go, we’ve certainly got a few options to choose from in recent .

Getting hammered 7-1 at home.

Harrogate on the opening day.

Dover last year.

Relegated as the worst professional team in English football.

Ever, with the lowest points in the history of the professional game.

A 3-0 win on a misty day at Roots in Nov 73 - oh what a world away it seems now. And every one of our team that day, bar the late Brian Albeson, is in SUEPA.
I can handle not going to the league games, but the cup (despite what clubs think of it now) is special, and it just seems SO wrong we can't go
That day in '73 goals from Terry Johnson, Brian Albeson and Stuart Brace saw us through. Me and me Dad (RIP) were in the 6,937 crowd that day, full of hope and expectation.
After a win v Reading at Roots in Round 2 we went out to Posh in Round 3, leaving the path clear for Liverpool to lift the cup.
Happy days
20201026_195046 (2).jpg

A 3-0 win on a misty day at Roots in Nov 73 - oh what a world away it seems now. And every one of our team that day, bar the late Brian Albeson, is in SUEPA.
I can handle not going to the league games, but the cup (despite what clubs think of it now) is special, and it just seems SO wrong we can't go
That day in '73 goals from Terry Johnson, Brian Albeson and Stuart Brace saw us through. Me and me Dad (RIP) were in the 6,937 crowd that day, full of hope and expectation.
After a win v Reading at Roots in Round 2 we went out to Posh in Round 3, leaving the path clear for Liverpool to lift the cup.
Happy days
View attachment 13133

That was a really good team - there is everything there that we are missing today.

That was a really good team - there is everything there that we are missing today.

Yep

Derek was a brave keeper (recall his dive and broken arm v Camb Utd 71/2
Alan of course is a club legend
Andy added a bit of style at full back
Dave was all action in midfield, never let you down
Neil had a bit of class for a central defender, nearly made it to the big time but for injury
Brian was just dependable as a centre back
Dennis added quality to the midfield
Stuart was a goal poacher supreme
Chris was big and brave, loved a diving header amongst flying boots
Willie huffed and puffed but always tried (until his cheeks went too red)
Terry wasn't afraid to take on his man and knew how to cross
Wee Davie was like a terrier

And we had the South Bank

I wonder if Mr Lennon has any mates playing for Bireham Wood. I'm sure they will be sorting out a drinking hole already to invite after the match...:Frustrated::Frustrated:

Happy days
View attachment 13133

Boreham Wood (some Arsenal chaps I think) turned up the North Bank and it kicked off

It really brought it home to me when the presenter said we were the lowest ranked EFL team in the competition. That stung a little bit!

The game of the round has to be Ipswich v Portsmouth.Must be live on TV surely?
I imagine that will be picked but they usually televise 4 or 5 games so there is a chance we’ll be picked. There are quite a few teams in leagues lower than Boreham Wood playing league sides though so unless they fancy a near guaranteed Non-League beats EFL ‘upset’ our chances are probably slim.

Back