• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F.A. Cup 2020/21 Season

A 3-0 win on a misty day at Roots in Nov 73 - oh what a world away it seems now. And every one of our team that day, bar the late Brian Albeson, is in SUEPA.
I can handle not going to the league games, but the cup (despite what clubs think of it now) is special, and it just seems SO wrong we can't go
That day in '73 goals from Terry Johnson, Brian Albeson and Stuart Brace saw us through. Me and me Dad (RIP) were in the 6,937 crowd that day, full of hope and expectation.
After a win v Reading at Roots in Round 2 we went out to Posh in Round 3, leaving the path clear for Liverpool to lift the cup.
Happy days
View attachment 13133

Note the KO time for the next games. If i remember right during the dark days of the 70's with strikes and power shortages. Times were bought forward to avoid having to use floodlights.

Just looked at the Conf. table Borehamwood down near the bottom,Dover below them. We all know how well that went!

They've only played 4 games, won 1, drawn 1 lost 2. It's a mid table start but they made the playoffs last year and you'd fancy them to improve.

They've only played 4 games, won 1, drawn 1 lost 2. It's a mid table start but they made the playoffs last year and you'd fancy them to improve.
Exactly my point, Jai. They are a better team than Dover which is concerning.

If the game does take place glad I cant go.In view of an upset bound to be on TV

Typical of my luck. Boreham Wood (interestingly the town itself is called Borehamwood, i.e. 1 word) are my most local team. Their ground is about a 5 minute drive from where I live. I've wanted us to draw them in the cup for years, and when we do I can't even go and watch!

I might pop down to welcome the team and then go home to maybe watch it on TV. It's a prime match for what they would consider an upset. I personally would consider it an upset if we won.

I’d be very surprised if we don’t beat these, it’ll be a all time low if we don’t win this, could be a TV game also.

I would say losing to Aylesbury was pretty bad...and Kingstonian...and Dover...there's plenty to choose from.

After Exeter away (FA cup)76,when i got attacked,head kicked in and put in hospital at Paddington Station....the next worse moment for me was Boreham Wood at home..the first time i saw enemy fans in our North Bank. Im still having therapy sessions over it...

After Exeter away (FA cup)76,when i got attacked,head kicked in and put in hospital at Paddington Station....the next worse moment for me was Boreham Wood at home..the first time i saw enemy fans in our North Bank. Im still having therapy sessions over it...
To back that up, you might want to scroll back to my post (#117).
Wood have a strange history of thug fans.

Your defenders will have to be alert at free kicks and corners, they have that big lump (Ex Lincoln) Matt Rhead playing for them up front.

I’ve just had a look at him online, he’s 36, but the guy looks like he’s built like a tank.
We could do with a massive target man like that up front.

Back