• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F.A. Cup 2021/22 Season

So here we are .......... non league & having to go through the qualifying rounds to get into the 1st round proper (Saturday 6th November).

I see there are some qualifying rounds tomorrow - seems like a special set of games for teams that start with the letter B.

Bearsted v Banstead (no I am not making that up)
& Bridgwater v Brixham

Do we start on 18th September in the 2nd round qualifying? No - 16th October it seems.

Time to finally go on a cup run perhaps? Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
So here we are .......... non league & having to go through the qualifying rounds to get into the 1st round proper (Saturday 6th November).

I see there are some qualifying rounds tomorrow - seems like a special set of games for teams that start with the letter B.

& Bridgwater v Brixham

Do we start on 18th September in the 2nd round qualifying? No - 16th October it seems.

Time to finally go on a cup run perhaps? Fingers crossed.
A cup run for us usually means making it to the second round!

& Bridgwater v Brixham, Hugh, Pugh, Barney M'Grew!

Just had a look at the draw for the Preliminary Round, and wonder if we'll end up playing the likes of of these? ;
West Allotment (poor pitch)
South Park (striker Kenny is out with another fatality)
Quorn (way before you went Vegan Forest Green Rovers)

Does anyone know what happened to local side White Ensign? Saw they won in the extra Preliminary Round, but couldn't spot them in the fixtures being played this weekend?

Just had a look at the draw for the Preliminary Round, and wonder if we'll end up playing the likes of of these? ;
West Allotment (poor pitch)
South Park (striker Kenny is out with another fatality)
Quorn (way before you went Vegan Forest Green Rovers)

Does anyone know what happened to local side White Ensign? Saw they won in the extra Preliminary Round, but couldn't spot them in the fixtures being played this weekend?
Away to Basildon United I believe

Qualifying match currently being shown on the B.B.C.

Sheffield F.C. in action - the world's oldest football club?

Moot point given that they didn't adopt association football rules for the first 20 years of their existence during which time they continued to use their own "Sheffield rules".
However generally accepted as the oldest independent club. Saw them play at Wembley in the Vase final (and again at Nottingham Forest for the replay).

Whilst everyone was enjoying themselves at Lynn I took in my second cup game of the season yesterday.
Having seen the odd folk of Portland United draw 2-2 (and go out in the replay) two weeks ago in the Extra Prelim, yesterday we took in another Dorset footballing hotbed as we travelled up to Shaftesbury (home of that hill in the Hovis ad) where they promptly took out AFC Stoneham 6-1.
We stood behind the Stoneham Ultras (they had a flag declaring this) as the goals piled up, they swore quite a bit so we moved our view for the second half. Shaftesbury were awesome on their new 3G pitch, particularly their No. 7 who had a terrible haircut, and in getting to the First Qualifying Round they equalled their best ever performance in the comp in their 131 year history. Indeed they last got that far back in 1952 so have had a bit of a bad run of late. Heady days for the Hovis boys now, though we overheard a biased home fan say that they are as good today as they've always been (bread pun)
Got talking to an FA rep after half time, there to earn £35 and an afternoon out on expenses to tick a score sheet and get annoyed by the bloke sitting the other side of him who brought his hound to the match who was not a football fan
Love a cup game, and have found of late that the best way to enjoy one is to watch someone else other than Southend

Whilst everyone was enjoying themselves at Lynn I took in my second cup game of the season yesterday.
Having seen the odd folk of Portland United draw 2-2 (and go out in the replay) two weeks ago in the Extra Prelim, yesterday we took in another Dorset footballing hotbed as we travelled up to Shaftesbury (home of that hill in the Hovis ad) where they promptly took out AFC Stoneham 6-1.
We stood behind the Stoneham Ultras (they had a flag declaring this) as the goals piled up, they swore quite a bit so we moved our view for the second half. Shaftesbury were awesome on their new 3G pitch, particularly their No. 7 who had a terrible haircut, and in getting to the First Qualifying Round they equalled their best ever performance in the comp in their 131 year history. Indeed they last got that far back in 1952 so have had a bit of a bad run of late. Heady days for the Hovis boys now, though we overheard a biased home fan say that they are as good today as they've always been (bread pun)
Got talking to an FA rep after half time, there to earn £35 and an afternoon out on expenses to tick a score sheet and get annoyed by the bloke sitting the other side of him who brought his hound to the match who was not a football fan
Love a cup game, and have found of late that the best way to enjoy one is to watch someone else other than Southend

You're correct, we'd all enjoy watching football if we didn't have to watch Southend.

That's the cross we have to bear though.

I see its the Second Qualifying Round this weekend,. When we join in the fourth round in October will the draw still be regionalised?

Image Great Wakering Rovers made the 4th qualifying round, get an draw against Southend Utd, a proper Southend derby!

Image Great Wakering Rovers made the 4th qualifying round, get an draw against Southend Utd, a proper Southend derby!

Taking a fair bit of imagination. They play Peterborough Sports who are top of their division, one level higher than Wakering, who had won every game 'til they lost to Leiston Saturday.

Back