• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Exiled Shrimper

Manager
The third round draw for the F.A. Youth Cup was made this morning at Soho Square and, should Southend United defeat Barnet next Wednesday at Roots Hall, we will be at home to Academy side Derby County.

So, I know the England match is on next Wednesday evening (which may or may not be important after tomorrow's Israel/Russia fixture), but I would encourage everyone to try and get to the Hall to support Blues' Youths against Barnet and try to help them get into the third round for the third season in succession. Kick-off is at 7:30 p.m., and admission is just £3 for adults and £1 for kids, so it'll work our cheaper than going down the pub to watch the national side as well!

P.S. A date has been set for the Shrimpers' FansFocus.Com Essex Senior Cup fourth round tie against Tilbury - this match will be played on Tuesday November 27th, kick-off 7:45 p.m. This will be another useful run-out for the second-string - Tilbury looked handy enough in knocking out holders A.F.C. Hornchurch at Chadfields on Tuesday night, even if the win was secured with the help of two penalties.

Will you be producing the programmes for these upcoming games with your excellent stats section?.:D

The third round draw for the F.A. Youth Cup was made this morning at Soho Square and, should Southend United defeat Barnet next Wednesday at Roots Hall, we will be at home to Academy side Derby County.

So, I know the England match is on next Wednesday evening (which may or may not be important after tomorrow's Israel/Russia fixture), but I would encourage everyone to try and get to the Hall to support Blues' Youths against Barnet and try to help them get into the third round for the third season in succession. Kick-off is at 7:30 p.m., and admission is just £3 for adults and £1 for kids, so it'll work our cheaper than going down the pub to watch the national side as well!

P.S. A date has been set for the Shrimpers' FansFocus.Com Essex Senior Cup fourth round tie against Tilbury - this match will be played on Tuesday November 27th, kick-off 7:45 p.m. This will be another useful run-out for the second-string - Tilbury looked handy enough in knocking out holders A.F.C. Hornchurch at Chadfields on Tuesday night, even if the win was secured with the help of two penalties.

If the club really wanted fans to go, perhaps they could have picked a different day.

Will you be producing the programmes for these upcoming games with your excellent stats section?.:D

I am putting together the programme at the moment - hopefully it will strike the right balance between having all the stats in there and having some interesting content as well!

The last Youth team match I watched was full of pace, skill and excitement .

The last England game I watched was full of .....

If the club really wanted fans to go, perhaps they could have picked a different day.

I think it's a difficult situation - the tie had to be played within a fortnight of the First Round fixtures being completed, and televised football at the highest level is reaching saturation point. There will always be another match for people to watch on TV, even if it were played on a Thursday these days with Setanta. Every other week there are European matches, Premiership matches every other day and it's going to be a straight choice for people whether they want to go out and watch football or stay in the warm and view it on the box.

I wouldn't blame anyone for supporting England on Wednesday, especially if there proves to be something to play for. But I'd hope that a number of fans decide to spend the night at Roots Hall instead watching the future of their club side as well, and I'm just making sure that people know well in advance what is going on.

For the record, the Third Round tie, should we be successful next week, must be played by 15 December, which is only three weeks on again - the smart money would be on the match being played on Wednesday 12th, since the Senior Cup and League One match with Huddersfield Town take place on the preceeding midweeks, but we've got to beat Barnet first.

England of Southend, no contest, bye England

Just a thought ES - I wonder how many we'd get at the Hall if they played these ties on a Friday night ( assuming first team away on the Sat ) ?

Just a thought ES - I wonder how many we'd get at the Hall if they played these ties on a Friday night ( assuming first team away on the Sat ) ?

It may work in terms of attendance, but what you have to factor in with that is that the Under-18s have regular League fixtures to fit in, which take place on a Saturday morning. We have been fortunate this week in that the Football League have allowed our Youth Alliance match (ironically at Barnet) to be postponed, but next Saturday, for instance, we have an important Football League Youth Alliance Cup match at Peterborough on Saturday, so we couldn't play it on the 23rd.

I think trying to play F.A. Youth Cup matches on a regular night (i.e. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.) works, it's just that there will always be clashes.

I wouldn't blame anyone for supporting England on Wednesday, especially if there proves to be something to play for. But I'd hope that a number of fans decide to spend the night at Roots Hall instead watching the future of their club side as well, and I'm just making sure that people know well in advance what is going on.

... especially if they've already bought a ticket ! (Okay, it seemed a good idea at the time.)

I think you are being slightly disingenuous saying there will always be a clash. With respect, there is a bit of difference between the climax of England's bid to qualify and, say Farsley Celtic on Setanta.

Should anyone who is going fancy doing a report on the game, that'd be great. PM me if you're up for it.

Back