• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings F C Halifax Town 3-1 Southend United

Like many have said before . I can take losing if the players give their all. But when the players don’t put a shift in . No excuses.
Don’t know how we can expect to beat Aldershot next game up.

I wasn’t at the game, nor did I listen to the commentary on the radio so I won’t comment on the performance but just seeing the result alone is enough for me to feel ****. As I mentioned in the match thread, my currently feelings towards the club is akin to being in a toxic relationship. Over the last three and a bit seasons, I’ve devoted so much time, so much money (not that that should matter) and so much energy on supporting this club, those players and for what? The same cut wrenching feeling on a Saturday late afternoon after yet another embarrassing defeat? I don’t support Southend United with the expectations of us winning every game, if I wanted that I’d be one of those armchair fans who support one of the “top four” clubs.. but the lack of effort, the lack fecks given from the players and at times, the club itself is starting to leave me questioning whether or not they deserve my time, my money.. my love. The absolute worst thing is, although right now it feels like we’ve hit rock bottom.. we haven’t, we’ll somehow manage to better this embarrassment at some stage in the near future.. queue rock bottom, pointless Aldershot on Tuesday night.

I didn't watch or listen to the game...... this result should serve up as wake up call to some of the players and even fans, what to expect in the National league! I'll admit I fancied us to get result but not overly shocked about 3-1 defeat. Aldershot game is now must win.

Brown post match interview should be interesting.

Thank God we've got Aldershot on Tuesday night, so the moaning 'may not' go on all week. There again, it could reach a crescendo by ten o'clock Tuesday evening.? From the sound of it, today was just not good enough. However, will giving the team another boll...ing go anyway near to solving the problems??? Brown, sort it out.............if you can. Life in India may have been quite cool in comparison to the heat Brown could soon feel from the fans.

No zip, no athleticism. Ponderous and lifeless performance

Demi hopeless first half and irritating with his silly fouls and constant bickering
Egbri and Atkinson hopeless when they came on
Murphy is a very limited footballer
Bridge and Phillips the only two footballers in a white shirt
Dalby has skill but total lack of pace
Some of the others did some kind of a job in a defensive non constructive way
Halifax endlessly allowed to head or clear unchallenged
Very very disappointing

Wasn’t there as per most of the comments so far so will be interesting to hear what those who were say. As predicted it sounds like we missed Arnold but I’m not sure we have either the budget to upgrade Seadon or if better keepers would want to sit on the bench in the NL. Especially as we’ve signed a new keeper today.

I think the Coulson pre season logic has passed and he’s either good enough to play in a 2 or he’s not good enough to play.

I wouldn’t go 442 but with the players we have I think we should play

Arnold
Demi Hobson Coulson Ralph
Ogogo Dunne Bridge
Murphy Dalby Akinola/Dennis

Like many have said before . I can take losing if the players give their all. But when the players don’t put a shift in . No excuses.
Don’t know how we can expect to beat Aldershot next game up.
Anything is possible with this lot. We went from playing well against Stockport, although we lost (admittedly they're not performing either) to that Wealdstone performance, to that draw and good effort against Wrexham.

Brown desperately needs to understand that his formations do not work and get his head out of his own ****. Listen to the fans brown because we can all see a mile off that it’s not working. 442 is needed, get rid of all these edgy formations thinking you can play that style of football in this league with these players

It depressing enough watching the end of Live Score and having to wait for the league tables to cycle through the EFL, to the National League to see where we stand... but it's rubbing salt in hhe wound when you have to wait for the 2nd screen to come up for the bottom half.

Still, this season was going to be an uncomfortable ride. There will (I hope) be highs, but there will also be a good few more lows, too. Still not easy to take though.

Wasn’t there as per most of the comments so far so will be interesting to hear what those who were say. As predicted it sounds like we missed Arnold but I’m not sure we have either the budget to upgrade Seadon or if better keepers would want to sit on the bench in the NL. Especially as we’ve signed a new keeper today.

I think the Coulson pre season logic has passed and he’s either good enough to play in a 2 or he’s not good enough to play.

I wouldn’t go 442 but with the players we have I think we should play

Arnold
Demi Hobson Coulson Ralph
Ogogo Dunne Bridge
Murphy Dalby Akinola/Dennis
Makes you laugh, Brown thinks he has upgraded on Akinola....he hasn't.
......and when you bring Will backwards Atkinson back from the wilderness then you know we are in trouble!

Back