• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings F C Halifax Town 3-1 Southend United

Someone on the match thread made a comment about being naive if we think having Arnold in goal would have made a difference
Although they have a point, I don't believe it to be totally accurate. Having Arnold in goal, with him coming out strong, organising and his quick kicks etc give the defence more confidence, makes our attack more fluid and totally changes the way the opposition plays their game

The sooner Arnold is back the better

I think we will still stay up.

Gotta stay positive and get a sub keeper in. Playing a season with only 1 keeper is just asking for days like this

Just like the old days - team of southern softies who can’t cope with travelling oop north and having to compete with a team of hardworking northerners.

7 bookings in one game must be a record.

Genuinely feel that if we don't arrest this slide, we will be making our way to the lower reaches of this league. Win vs Aldershot or this could become a deeper issue. Saying it again, scrap 5 at the back!!!!!!!!!!

I remember a couple of mates reporting back after going to Halifax in the 70s, and laughing about their club and stadium. Below is their old East stand at the Shay. Now the joke is on us. They have a better team and a better stadium.

halifax-town-the-shay-east-stand-1-1970s-legendary-football-grounds.jpg

Nowhere near enough squad depth for a team with so many older players. Our backups are newly promoted youth players and the bizarre loan signing of Kargbo. Epitomised today by having to start Seadon in goal who throughout pre season done nothing to prove he is ready to start games at this level.

We’re supposedly trying to compete at this level whilst also having one of the lower budgets. If Ron, our CEO and DoF think that is possible having watched our games so far, I’m very worried!

I remember a couple of mates reporting back after going to Halifax in the 70s, and laughing about their club and stadium. Below is their old East stand at the Shay. Now the joke is on us. They have a better team and a better stadium.

halifax-town-the-shay-east-stand-1-1970s-legendary-football-grounds.jpg

They do share it with the Rugby League club now instead of the speedway.

I think the local council own the ground.

Back