• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JoshC

Members
Really annoyed at the moment I've not long got up after a late night and am alone at home. I was just having a wash when someone knocked on the door, as I walked down the stairs I saw two big blokes with suitcases, they turned out to be Jehovah's witnesses and they were on a recrutment visit I've never seen or spoken to Jehovah's witnesses before but now i see why they get their reputation. The smarmy git asked if my mum or dad were in to which I said no and you could just see his face light up, "well how about someone as yourself you look like a nice person" etc etc at this point i thought he was going to pull sweeties out of his suitcase to get my interest but unfortunately it was some kind of leaflet, anyway after the 100th time of saying no he and his friend left.

It got me really annoyed that they think that they have the right to come to my house and disturb me to cram their religious views down my throat, these people make me sick* I mean what if that was a young insecure girl all alone what would they have done then just told her how great she was and how great the religion is and hey presto, it doesn't take long for two big men to intimidate a child on their own. How many people hear about 'you're hair looks nice' or 'you look intelligent' and think I want to join this religion.

*I have little knowledge about Jehovah's witnesses and do not have any problems with the religion itself its just the way they try to force you into joining, its just not right IMO

i just say i'm a satanist.. it usually wipes the smirk off their faces.

when i was at uni my mate invited them in for a drink and everything, he just said that he was bored and it was better than watching jeremy kyle.

indeed i agree, they forced a bible onto my missus to read to my son (who was 8 months at the time) boasting that there child knew the bible by the time they were 4...

they said they'd be back to collect the bible soon... they never did come back... then we moved hose :finger:

It cracks me up, one time I answered the door wearing a Slayer t-shirt with "God Hates Us All" emblazened on it and they still try talking to me about finding Jesus, I asked if they'd looked behind the fridge but I don't think they got the joke.

If you do see them coming one simple thing to do, open the door naked with a boner....they'd run a ****ing mile :finger:

I agree fully. They are ****ers. Why the hell do I want to be told on my doorstep where I am going wrong and all about religion.

No worries what people want to believe in there own homes but dont you dare come to my place spouting religon at me. Scummers.

I agree with the above total ****s...typical American religious clap trap. I have thrown away more copies of that magazine they print than junk mail. Bring on the Scientologists:thump:

The thing is it is not only Jehovah's now, just the other day the doorbell went and i went to answer it carrying my six month old son, and lo and behold it was actually the Catholic church on a rectuitment drive.
Now i am not religious in any sort of way though i did go to a CofE primary school, but believe me that is where it ended.

Anyway they left very sharpish when Charlie (my baby) decided to throw the mother of all paddy's as i answered the door.

Hopefully he will do the same the next time the Jehovah's call

the major problem i have with them is that i knew some kids at school who were jehovahs witnesses. i felt really sorry because i don't think they really had much choice in the matter. but at school they weren't allowed to attend assembly (if it had anything religious in it)... RE lessons, anything to do with Christmas or Easter or other religious festivals. It just stunk hypocracy that they were so unaccepting of other religions, or allowing their children to get a rounded, balanced education... and then ever saturday you see them walking up and down the streets knocking on doors and trying to get people to accept their 'religion'. we were also banned from giving them christmas cards... I know their religion tries to completely denounce Jesus Christ from the 'christian' faith but kids don't send christmas cards because they are christians, or to spread the christmas message, but just as an act of kindness and then surely being kind and accepting the gift is what most religions would teach!? argh!!

The thing is it is not only Jehovah's now, just the other day the doorbell went and i went to answer it carrying my six month old son, and lo and behold it was actually the Catholic church on a rectuitment drive.
Now i am not religious in any sort of way though i did go to a CofE primary school, but believe me that is where it ended.

Anyway they left very sharpish when Charlie (my baby) decided to throw the mother of all paddy's as i answered the door.

Hopefully he will do the same the next time the Jehovah's call

Don't start me on Catholics ....The Most currupt religion of all...

( No Offence to any that are.)

I want to know what Jehovah did so wrong he needs Witnesses...

If they were in the "Life of Brain" they would be stoned at the wall.

also i don't think they can celebrate birthdays IIRC its just the way that said my parents are out and they just went in for the kill

They're all the same...Christians, Catholics, Mulsims, Scientologists. All spouting their version of The Truth at the expense of all other religions. You're all doomed unless you believe in this NOT that. I don't doubt that it all starts with good intentions but in reality it's just another way to divide us. To quote David Icke (never done that before) "God save us from religion"......

Wound me right up at the end of the Shampions League Final last night to see Kaka wearing that t-shirt bearing the slogan - I BELONG TO JESUS.

Well that's very nice for you, you overrated piece of Brazilian slime, but DO NOT try ramming that down my throat, or I'll ram my fist down yours.

also i don't think they can celebrate birthdays IIRC its just the way that said my parents are out and they just went in for the kill

yeah i think that is true... they have a day a year called 'present day' to make up for it

Just start cracking on to them, that always works. Three compliments with the right kind of filthiness in your eyes and they're pegging it down the garden path.

Wound me right up at the end of the Shampions League Final last night to see Kaka wearing that t-shirt bearing the slogan - I BELONG TO JESUS.

Well that's very nice for you, you overrated piece of Brazilian slime, but DO NOT try ramming that down my throat, or I'll ram my fist down yours.

i don't really find that on the same level as him knocking on my door though. he is proud of his faith and dedicates his skills and talent as a gift from God.

Apparently he married his childhood sweetheart who he had waited for... which is quite a refreshing story in todays society. an absolutely amazing player and it seems like he is more grounded with his faith than most footballers. inzaghis celebration wound me right up!!

its not just that either... there just a money making scam..

ok, so i know the COE etc likes a bit of cash too, but if im at a wedding/christening etc, i dont mind putting a couple of coins on the dish as it comes round...

however, religions that make you pay to join them are surely just a con

Back